Author Topic: Daniel Penny: Marine vet accused of fatal subway chokehold reveals why he stepped in  (Read 346 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 8, 2023 8:00am EDT
Daniel Penny: Marine vet accused of fatal subway chokehold reveals why he stepped in
Penny, 24, described his arrest and perp walk as 'humiliating'

By Rebecca Rosenberg | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE DETAILS: As former Marine Daniel Penny watched an erratic homeless man allegedly threaten to murder terrified passengers on a New York City subway — including women and children — he said he felt a moral obligation to act.

Years earlier, he had internalized the message of late civil rights activist Eli Wiesel who spoke to his high school class about the Holocaust after the students read "Night," the author’s autobiographical account of Nazi death camps.

"One of the overall messages that he talked about was that good people did nothing," Penny told Fox News Digital. "It’s a lesson that I carry with me to this day."

Penny, 24, dragged Jordan Neely, 30, to the floor of a northbound F train on May 21, and put him in a chokehold that was caught on cellphone video. Neely ended up dead.

"If [Neely] had carried out his threats, he would have killed somebody," said Penny, who remains so traumatized by the experience he has not boarded a subway train since.

Despite the specter of a five to 15-year prison term looming over him, Penny said he does not regret the decision that has turned his life upside down in ways he could never have imagined.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/ex-marine-daniel-penny-says-thought-subway-rider-jordan-neely-killed-somebody
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Good is evil and evil is good.

Virtually everything is upside down these days.

Offline Kamaji

Penny is an old-school hero.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Penny is an old-school hero.

:yowsa: but he is certainly not being treated as one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

:yowsa: but he is certainly not being treated as one.

Of course not; and I don't think that one would expect otherwise in one of today's liberal cities.  He stood up for what was right, no matter the personal cost - and that cost is a big one.  That is what makes him an old-school hero.