Author Topic: BREAKING: Instagram algorithm promotes pedo networks, connects predators with victims: report  (Read 160 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Jun 7, 2023
BREAKING: Instagram algorithm promotes pedo networks, connects predators with victims: report

Some of these content menus include pricing for videos of children hurting themselves and "imagery of the minor performing sexual acts with animals," Stanford Internet Observatory researchers found.

Hannah Nightingale
Washington DC
Jun 7, 2023

A new investigative report from the Wall Street Journal has revealed that Instagram is helping to connect and promote networks of accounts that commission and purchase underage sex content.

The report, which came from investigations done by the outlet and researchers at Stanford University and the University of Massachusetts Amherst, revealed that Instagram’s algorithm actively promotes pedophile accounts, and guides pedophiles to content sellers through the recommendation systems "that excel in linking those who share niche interests."

The social media platform has allowed people to search for explicit hashtags such as "pedowhore" and "preteensex," and connected those searchers to accounts that advertise the sales of child sex materials, accounts that are often claiming to be run by children and use handles such as "little slut for you."

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-instagram-algorithm-promotes-pedo-networks-connects-predators-with-victims-report
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson