Author Topic: Cutting Weight: Marine Infantry Battalions to Shrink 10% by End of the Summer  (Read 550 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cutting Weight: Marine Infantry Battalions to Shrink 10% by End of the Summer

Adrian Bonenberger
Wed, June 7, 2023 at 4:09 PM EDT·3 min read
In this article:

David H. Berger
United States Marine Corps general
Marine Corps infantry battalions are set to shrink by almost 10% this fall.

The service's "Force Design 2030" initiative -- a planned transformation of the Marine Corps this decade that has drawn controversy in the past -- will shave the current infantry battalion size from 900 down to 811 by September.

Marine leaders hope to right-size units after the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and adapt the Corps for a more diffuse 21st century battlefield. Specifically, they want to overcome the challenges of keeping units supplied in the Indo-Pacific region as those units grow in size and complexity.

https://news.yahoo.com/cutting-weight-marine-infantry-battalions-200902725.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Marines don't need no stinkin' infantry and they don't need no stinkin' tanks.  But they do need gays and people who know how to use the correct pronouns. 0380000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson