Author Topic: The Federal War Against Your Lifestyle  (Read 133 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Federal War Against Your Lifestyle
« on: June 08, 2023, 09:44:10 am »
The Federal War Against Your Lifestyle
June 06, 2023/ Francis Menton

Just a week ago I had a post featuring some recent federal bureaucratic assaults against the well-being and prosperity of the population.  The title was “Bureaucrats Completely Incapable Of Making Reasonable Trade-Offs.”  The post featured two new rules from different corners of the federal bureaucracy, both announced on May 5: one from EPA effectively mandating electric automobiles by about 2032, and the other from the Department of Energy once again lowering the amounts of energy and water that dishwashers are allowed to use. 

I stated in that post that these two new rules were just examples of a much broader federal war against our comfortable and convenient lifestyles.  But to get a feel for the big picture, you need a more comprehensive list of the things the feds are trying to restrict and/or eliminate from your life.  Now Noah Rothman comes along in the current issue of National Review with a much longer list, in a piece titled “The War on Things That Work.”   (Although National Review has a paywall, you should get a free article or two per month, if you want to read the whole piece.)

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2023-6-6-the-federal-war-against-your-lifestyle
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson