Author Topic: The world's energy system is 'no longer fit for purpose,' says energy council chief  (Read 380 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The world's energy system is 'no longer fit for purpose,' says energy council chief
Story by Lee Ying Shan • Yesterday 8:51 PM

The council's most recent report forecasts that around half of the global energy system will still not be electrified by 2050, which would mark a blow to many governments' net-zero pledges.

Following the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, global energy markets have also been impacted by a series of setbacks.

Forty-six countries are pricing emissions by means of carbon taxes or other emissions trading programs, according to data last year from the International Monetary Fund.

The world's energy system is no longer "fit for purpose," according to World Energy Council CEO Angela Wilkinson, who alluded to lackluster momentum toward a planned green energy transition.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-world-s-energy-system-is-no-longer-fit-for-purpose-says-energy-council-chief/ar-AA1cgCMk?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=23a55a58776e4222889c9b03aa8ec7d0&ei=36
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji