Author Topic: BREAKING: Biden DOJ notifies President Trump that he will be indicted next week  (Read 3726 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

Oh boy…
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mountaineer

This is such BS.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DB

Perhaps the goal is to get the Biden corruption off the radar with this media diversion.

Online mountaineer

Trump denies reports claiming DOJ told him of imminent indictment
by Brady Knox, Breaking News Reporter |
June 07, 2023 03:36 PM

Former President Donald Trump denied reports that the Department of Justice informed him that he would likely be indicted next week in the classified documents investigation.

The former president denied the report on Truth Social, slamming the "witch hunt" and claiming he is innocent.

"No one has told me I’m being indicted, and I shouldn’t be because I’ve done NOTHING wrong, but I have assumed for years that I am a Target of the WEAPONIZED DOJ & FBI, starting with the Russia, Russia, Russia HOAK (sic), the “No Collusion” Mueller Report, Impeachment HOAX #1, Impeachment HOAX #2, the PERFECT Ukraine phone call, and various other SCAMS & WITCH HUNTS. A TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE & ELECTION INTERFERENCE AT A LEVEL NEVER SEEN BEFORE. REPUBLICANS IN CONGRESS MUST MAKE THIS THEIR # 1 ISSUE!!!" Trump wrote.

Earlier on Wednesday, Trump told New York Times journalist Maggie Haberman that a report from Trump ally John Solomon in Just the News, claiming that prosecutors informed him of a likely upcoming indictment, was "not true."  ... Washington Examiner

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DB

Is it true?

So far Trump says it is not true.

Online mountaineer

John Solomon
@jsolomonReports
BREAKING: Trump lawyers have submitted secret evidence to a court alleging a senior federal prosecutor in the classified records case tried to influence a key witness by discussing a federal judgeship with his lawyer.

Feds inform Trump he is target likely to be indicted as DOJ rebuffs prosecutorial misconduct claim; Trump defense has submitted secret evidence alleging a prosecutor tried to sway witness testimony by discussing federal judgeship, story from JustTheNews.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It'll be interesting to see what the charge(s)is/are.  If he going to be indicted simply for possessing the documents, that seems like it would be sketchy as hell

But if it is going to be for something like making false statements, suborning perjury, obstruction of justice, etc., he may be in a bit more trouble.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 08:09:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Perhaps the goal is to get the Biden corruption off the radar with this media diversion.

That's a big part of it plus their hatred for Trump..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The more captial letters he uses in his Truth's, the more guilty his subconscious is.

I wouldn't jump the gun on this until there is a official, public announcement.  This could be a hoax perpetrated by Trump's alter ego, "John Barron", to hijack the newscycle.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 08:17:46 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I can't stand Trump but this forthcoming indictment is pure garbage!  It's a blatant attempt to either render Trump invalid as a candidate in 2024, or else tie him down in one or more federal trials so that he cannot campaign.  The damage that this kind of lawfare to the country will do is irreparable, considering how Hillary and Biden have skated even though they did far worse.  This is especially true for Hillary, with her secret server, which was set-up expressly to thwart Congressional oversight and federal records laws, and held over a hundred classified emails, some with their markings deliberately removed.

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
REPORT: DOJ Indictment of Donald Trump Imminent, Charges Revealed
By Bonchie | 3:14 PM on June 07, 2023

excerpt:

A federal indictment brought by Special Counsel Jack Smith could be handed by a federal grand jury to Trump as early as next week.

Smith’s prosecutorial team informed Trump’s team in recent days that the charges he faces include a violation of 18 US Code Chapter 37 Section 793 which prohibits the “gathering, transmitting or losing” of national defense information. Other charges reportedly being considered are alleged false statements and obstruction of justice.

more
Lastly, the broader timing of all this should infuriate Republicans. The DOJ is about to do what many feared and predicted (including myself), which is to wait around to indict Trump so that the trial takes place after he’s already possibly gained the Republican nomination. Given that a conviction would then be probable (especially if the case is tried in an unfriendly jurisdiction), this could turn out to be the biggest example of election interference in American history. It’s unconscionable, no matter what one thinks of the general merits of the case.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/06/07/report-doj-indictment-of-donald-trump-imminent-charges-revealed-n757523
Support the USO

Online DB

A corrupt DOJ is the end of the Republic. It is fundamental to its function.

If the GOP isn't willing to die on this hill then they are just as responsible for the consequences.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Also...

Mark Meadows to plead guilty in deal to testify against Trump: report

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/mark-meadows-to-plead-guilty-in-deal-to-testify-against-trump-report/ar-AA1cfLZH

Former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows will reportedly plead guilty as part of a plan to indict former President Donald Trump.

Sources told Andrew Feinberg of The Independent that Meadows' decision to plead guilty was connected to his testimony to a grand jury hearing evidence about Jan. 6 and the mishandling of classified documents.

"It is understood that the former North Carolina congressman will plead guilty to several federal charges as part of a deal for which he has already received limited immunity in exchange for his testimony," Feinberg wrote.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Maj. Bill Martin

The Mark Meadows thing is serious.  If he truly is pleading guilty to federal crimes, then things are not looking good for Trump at all.

Bad news all around.  It will just polarize the party further, and make it that much easier for the Democrats.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Prosecutors ready to ask for Trump indictment on obstruction and Espionage Act charges

The Independent has learned that prosecutors are prepared to ask grand jurors to vote on charges as early as Thursday
Andrew Feinberg
20 minutes

The Department of Justice is preparing to ask a Washington, DC grand jury to indict former president Donald Trump for violating the Espionage Act and for obstruction of justice as soon as Thursday, adding further weight to the legal baggage facing Mr Trump as he campaigns for his party’s nomination in next year’s presidential election.

The Independent has learned that prosecutors are ready to ask grand jurors to approve an indictment against Mr Trump for violating a portion of the US criminal code known as Section 793, which prohibits “gathering, transmitting or losing” any “information respecting the national defence”.

The use of Section 793, which does not make reference to classified information, is understood to be a strategic decision by prosecutors that has been made to short-circuit Mr Trump’s ability to claim that he used his authority as president to declassify documents he removed from the White House and kept at his Palm Beach, Florida property long after his term expired on 20 January 2021.

That section of US criminal law is written in a way that could encompass Mr Trump’s conduct even if he was authorised to possess the information as president because it states that anyone who “lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document ...relating to the national defence,” and “willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it” can be punished by as many as 10 years in prison.

more
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-indictment-espionage-prosecution-charges-b2353397.html
Support the USO

Online Maj. Bill Martin

A corrupt DOJ is the end of the Republic. It is fundamental to its function.

If the GOP isn't willing to die on this hill then they are just as responsible for the consequences.

Meaning what?  Exactly what are we supposed to do?

If the charges are meritless and just "Trumped up", Trump's lawyers can force a trial much sooner than next July-August.

If they're not meritless...what exactly is the rest of the GOP supposed to do if Trump was dumb/careless enough to commit a felony?  And again, that's assuming that the only charge against him isn't just "you had classified documents."

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Prosecutors ready to ask for Trump indictment on obstruction and Espionage Act charges

The Independent has learned that prosecutors are prepared to ask grand jurors to vote on charges as early as Thursday
Andrew Feinberg
20 minutes

The Department of Justice is preparing to ask a Washington, DC grand jury to indict former president Donald Trump for violating the Espionage Act and for obstruction of justice as soon as Thursday, adding further weight to the legal baggage facing Mr Trump as he campaigns for his party’s nomination in next year’s presidential election.

The Independent has learned that prosecutors are ready to ask grand jurors to approve an indictment against Mr Trump for violating a portion of the US criminal code known as Section 793, which prohibits “gathering, transmitting or losing” any “information respecting the national defence”.

The use of Section 793, which does not make reference to classified information, is understood to be a strategic decision by prosecutors that has been made to short-circuit Mr Trump’s ability to claim that he used his authority as president to declassify documents he removed from the White House and kept at his Palm Beach, Florida property long after his term expired on 20 January 2021.

That section of US criminal law is written in a way that could encompass Mr Trump’s conduct even if he was authorised to possess the information as president because it states that anyone who “lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document ...relating to the national defence,” and “willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it” can be punished by as many as 10 years in prison.

more
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-indictment-espionage-prosecution-charges-b2353397.html

If that's all they've got, then this will blow up in their faces big-time.  I'd guess it isn't, but we'll have to see.

Online DB

Meaning what?  Exactly what are we supposed to do?

If the charges are meritless and just "Trumped up", Trump's lawyers can force a trial much sooner than next July-August.

If they're not meritless...what exactly is the rest of the GOP supposed to do if Trump was dumb/careless enough to commit a felony?  And again, that's assuming that the only charge against him isn't just "you had classified documents."

I'm not talking about Trump per se. I'm talking about the very corrupt very political DOJ. The in-your-face Clinton Foundation receiving hundreds of millions of dollars from foreigners while she was secretary of state, her private Email server with government classified documents on it that were clearly leaked and Hunter's laptop that all show the extreme corruption of the DOJ. The GOPs response to it all is critical. Which so far hasn't been much. We will not survive a deeply corrupt DOJ.

Online mountaineer

Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson
They would not indict Trump if he wasn’t running for President in 2024.
This is election interference.
3:46 PM · Jun 7, 2023

https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status/1666552093644304385

Online Maj. Bill Martin

I'm not talking about Trump per se. I'm talking about the very corrupt very political DOJ. The in-your-face Clinton Foundation receiving hundreds of millions of dollars from foreigners while she was secretary of state, her private Email server with government classified documents on it that were clearly leaked and Hunter's laptop that all show the extreme corruption of the DOJ. The GOPs response to it all is critical. Which so far hasn't been much. We will not survive a deeply corrupt DOJ.

Well...the only Republican Administration since all that stuff happened was Trump's.  If the DOJ didn't get cleaned out, or wrongdoers weren't prosecuted...he's the guy most responsible for that.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson
They would not indict Trump if he wasn’t running for President in 2024.
This is election interference.
3:46 PM · Jun 7, 2023

https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status/1666552093644304385

I think they'd go after him anyway just because their party is filled with so many Trump-hating lunatics that they don't care how it will affect the country.