Author Topic: Another Corporation Ditches San Francisco Over City's 'Major Challenges'  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another Corporation Ditches San Francisco Over City's 'Major Challenges'

Ben Wilson
June 6, 2023
Two of the largest hotels in San Francisco are set to close, following a trend of businesses fleeing the Democrat-led city as it faces a surge in crime.

The owner of the city's largest hotel, the Hilton San Francisco Union Square, and its fourth-largest, Parc 55, will cease payments on $725 million worth of loans and enter foreclosure on the hotels because the city is facing "major challenges."

The decision was "very difficult, but necessary" because of "concerns over street conditions," office vacancies, and reduced conventions, said Thomas J. Baltimore Jr., CEO of Park Hotels & Resorts, which owns the two hotels.

"Now more than ever, we believe San Francisco’s path to recovery remains clouded and elongated by major challenges, both old and new," Baltimore said.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/another-corporation-ditches-san-francisco-over-citys-major-challenges/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 03:57:22 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm all for economically canceling the woke Left.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... like 2008, just walk away and give the keys to the bank.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.