Author Topic: The Navy’s Misplaced Priorities Versus Core Navy Priorities  (Read 261 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Navy’s Misplaced Priorities Versus Core Navy Priorities
By Brent Ramsey
June 06, 2023

Misplaced Priorities
A conflict with China is likely in the near term and fundamentally that conflict will be maritime in nature. China’s geography dictates the conflict will be at sea. Chinese early objectives are conquest of Taiwan, Japan, and the Philippines. Thus, China’s provocative actions are manifest against those nations. Non-kinetic skirmishes are already so commonplace that they barely excite attention in the West. Tensions are vastly different on the other side of the world. Asian nations are buying billions in advanced U.S. weaponry to get ready for the inevitable. The Middle Kingdom views its manifest destiny is to rule the world and that starts with conquering its nearest neighbors.

Navy leadership should be laser focused on preparing for the coming conflict. They are not. In recent years from Obama’s Presidency to the present, the Navy has gone woke in a big way and is rudderless in preparing for the coming challenges. First let us examine the new woke Navy. Then, we will examine Navy basics like ships, leadership, and readiness.

The new Woke Navy:

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/06/06/the_navys_misplaced_priorities_versus_core_navy_priorities_903701.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: The Navy’s Misplaced Priorities Versus Core Navy Priorities
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 02:52:14 am »
Well, imposing wokeness and DEI on the Navy is just one side of the coin.  The original sin was committed in the 1990s, when the CNOs and Congress decided to cut it down and try to do "more with less," thinking that technology and automation was the end-all/be-all. Rumsfled's failed "Transformation" didn't help either. That led to the elimination of seamanship schools, the infamous training CDs, and the DDX/Zumwalt debacles.

The Navy learned NOTHING from the 2010 Balisle Report!

https://blog.usni.org/posts/2022/07/15/naval-historical-foundation-2nd-saturday-3rd-saturday-this-month-webinar-on-july-16-at-11am-est-the-balisle-report-surface-ship-readiness-why-it-was-chartered-what-it-said-what-was-done

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2011/january/how-are-mighty-fallen

https://www.scribd.com/document/43245136/Balisle-Report-on-FRP-of-Surface-Force-Readiness
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Navy’s Misplaced Priorities Versus Core Navy Priorities
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 05:56:00 am »
Time to conduct Unmanned Vehicle tests somewhere the rest of the world isn't literally lookinf over their shoulder.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis