Author Topic: Curtis Sliwa to Newsmax: Adams' Migrant Housing Plan Is 'Nuts'  (Read 109 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Curtis Sliwa to Newsmax: Adams' Migrant Housing Plan Is 'Nuts'
By Nicole Wells    |   Tuesday, 06 June 2023 07:18 PM EDT

Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa told Newsmax on Tuesday that New York City Mayor Eric Adams' new plan to house illegal immigrants in private citizens' homes is "nuts."

Adams did not provide many details of the plan during an event where he revealed religious leaders had agreed to begin housing adult male asylum seekers, though he explained that it would help many cash-strapped New Yorkers.

"There are residents who are suffering right now because of economic challenges," Adams said, according to a transcript of the event. "They have spare rooms. They have locales. And if we can find a way to get over the 30-day rule and other rules that government has in its place, we can take that $4.2 billion, $4.3 [billion] even maybe now, that we potentially would have to spend and we could put it back in the pockets of everyday New Yorkers, everyday houses of worship, instead of putting in the pockets of corporations and some of those corporations come from outside our city."

The 30-day rule is a city law that requires a guest to be living in a residence for 30 days before they can legally become a tenant.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/curtis-sliwa-eric-adams-migrants/2023/06/06/id/1122616/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson