Author Topic: Ron DeSantis gaining on Trump in Iowa, in virtual tie, internal poll shows  (Read 615 times)

Online Kamaji

Ron DeSantis gaining on Trump in Iowa, in virtual tie, internal poll shows

By Samuel Chamberlain
June 6, 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is closing the gap on former President Donald Trump in the early nominating state of Iowa, according to an internal poll out this week.

The survey by WPA Intelligence for the DeSantis-supporting Never Back Down super PAC showed the 44-year-old governor in a virtual tie with the 76-year-old Trump in a head-to-head contest.

Trump had 45% support, while DeSantis had 43% support and 12% were undecided.

An early May head-to-head poll, taken before the Florida governor formally entered the race, showed Trump with 53% support, DeSantis on 39% and 8% undecided.

DeSantis also made up ground on Trump in an Iowa survey that incorporated the full field.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/06/ron-desantis-gaining-on-trump-in-iowa-in-virtual-tie-internal-poll-shows/

Offline LMAO

Watch for Trump to push for increasing ethanol subsidies in Iowa
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

He will.  Old Liberals like Trump always pander to the special interests, regardless of their transparty self identification.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

He will.  Old Liberals like Trump always pander to the special interests, regardless of their transparty self identification.

So that would make Trump, what, a transpublican?  A democrat who identifies as a republican?

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

Truth!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So that would make Trump, what, a transpublican?  A democrat who identifies as a republican?

A big 10-200.

Offline LMAO

Should DeSantis win in Iowa, prepare for a barrage of “Trump wuz wobbed”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

I’m looking at two scenarios this year

A 1976  scenario where the conservative candidate in the primary loses, and the winner of the Republican primary goes on to lose the general election

Or

A 2008 type scenario where the clear favored early on  to win a primary ultimately goes on to lose and the challenger wins  the presidency

Trump is simply not going to win the general election. The only glimmer of hope is that they have for him to win the general election is things gets so bad and there is such deep disgust  in the Democrat rank and file  to make enough of them stay home in 2024 that Trump could maybe eek out some kind of win

Barry Goldwater

Offline DB

He already did that recently. Apparently that wasn't enough...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA:

Trump still holds a sizable lead over DeSantis in public polling of the Hawkeye State.

The RealClearPolitics polling average in Iowa shows the former president on 47.7%, DeSantis at 25.3%, Haley on 5.3%, Pence on 3.7% and Ramaswamy rounding out the top five at 2.3%.

The 45th president’s lead over his competitors is even wider among national Republican voters.

The RealClearPolitics average shows Trump on 53.2%, DeSantis on 22.4%, Haley on 4.4%, Pence on 3.8%, and Ramaswamy again in fifth averaging 2.6% support.

ICYMI @libertybele

« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 06:25:51 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

Should DeSantis win in Iowa, prepare for a barrage of “Trump wuz wobbed”

You are correct, should DeSantis win in Iowa, Trump will go ballistic just like he did when Cruz won in '16.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
You are correct, should DeSantis win in Iowa, Trump will go ballistic just like he did when Cruz won in '16.

That would be so entertaining....

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Online Wingnut

Offline mountaineer

DeSantis runs to Trump's right but looks to learn from Cruz in Iowa
by Naomi Lim, White House Reporter |
June 08, 2023 07:00 AM
Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) is burnishing his conservative credentials as he tries to differentiate himself from the 2024 Republican primary front-runner, former President Donald Trump.

However, DeSantis's supporters are hoping history does not repeat itself after Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) adopted a similar approach to the 2016 primary and won Iowa but not the nomination.

Cruz did not run to Trump's right, but he is "simply" more conservative than the former president, according to University of Iowa professor Timothy Hagle.

"Back in 2015, Trump was very well known, but he wasn't known as a conservative," Hagle told the Washington Examiner. "He was saying the right things at the time to make Republicans and many independents, what we call 'No Party voters' here in Iowa, like him."

Iowa voters concerned about Trump's conservatism, instead, focused on judges and the subject of abortion, the former president promising to nominate Supreme Court justices from a list compiled by the conservative and libertarian legal organization the Federalist Society.

Now, Hagle contends Trump has "moved to the left" on topics including abortion and COVID-19, citing his criticism of Florida's six-week abortion ban and his praise of former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's pandemic management over that of DeSantis. ...
Washington Examiner
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org