Author Topic: How to Remove the Pride Flag Microsoft Added to the Windows 11 Taskbar  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Kamaji

Explainer: How to Remove the Pride Flag Microsoft Added to the Windows 11 Taskbar

LUCAS NOLAN
5 Jun 2023

Woke Microsoft has added a Pride flag to the widgets board located on the taskbar of Windows 11 to demonstrate its allegiance to the LGBT agenda. Here’s how to disable it.

GeekerMag reports that Microsoft has added a Pride flag to the widget board of its newest operating system, Windows 11, as a gesture of support for Pride Month.

https://twitter.com/OldMemeClown/status/1665334540611534848

The decision appears to be an effort by Microsoft to display its commitment to diversity and inclusion. The company believes in the woke LGBT agenda to such a degree that it does not give users the option to remove the pride flag from their desktop. Despite Microsoft forcing the icon on all users, there are a few workarounds to remove the pride flag.

There are no settings or options for removing the Pride flag directly in Windows 11’s settings app, widget board settings, or anywhere else. This leaves you with the following choices:

Hide the Widgets panel.
Uninstall the Widgets panel entirely and reinstall it later (or never!).
Here are the steps to hide the Widgets panel in Windows 11:

Right-click on the Taskbar and select ‘Taskbar settings’.
In the Taskbar settings page, under ‘Taskbar items’, toggle off the Widget button. The Widget, and thus the Pride flag, will no longer appear. You can undo these changes to restore the Widget at any point.
And here is how to completely remove Widgets from Windows 11 – and later reinstall them if needed:

Source:  https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2023/06/05/explainer-how-to-remove-the-pride-flag-microsoft-added-to-the-windows-11-taskbar/

Offline Kamaji

On the other hand, if one is a Windows registry whiz, one can probably find the registry entry that adds this piece of groomer propaganda and remove it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have Win11 and I don't see it.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Hmm ... I've never seen black included as a color of the rainbow, before ... where's the white and brown?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

I have Win11 and I don't see it.   :shrug:

When was the last time it updated?

Offline Kamaji

Also, just one more little reason to consider moving to linux.

Mint linux is a very useable distribution.  It's good on old machines, too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't have it.. :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I think they did this for 2022 only. I checked yesterday and didn't have it.

Offline Kamaji

I think they did this for 2022 only. I checked yesterday and didn't have it.

Ahh.  That would explain it.  Thanks!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When was the last time it updated?

May 11th.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

May 11th.

It appears that this was something in 2022, not currently, so my bad.  I apologize.

• Technical
Also, just one more little reason to consider moving to linux.

Mint linux is a very useable distribution.  It's good on old machines, too.

Just wait. Linus' daughter is a huge SJW libtard.

Edit: Found this:

from r/linux

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/9go8cp/linus_torvalds_daughter_has_signed_the/
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 04:30:13 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Kamaji

Just wait. Linus' daughter is a huge SJW libtard.

Edit: Found this:

from r/linux

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/9go8cp/linus_torvalds_daughter_has_signed_the/

Then it's a good thing (a) linux isn't a proprietary system that is controlled from the top down, and (b) I don't pay anything for it.  There are other *nix flavors as well.

• Technical
Then it's a good thing (a) linux isn't a proprietary system that is controlled from the top down, and (b) I don't pay anything for it.  There are other *nix flavors as well.

Well the Kernel development is top down. Torvalds is a Musk like techie, but his daughter is a rabid leftist, and these guys can never stand up to their daughters. Frankly they could cook up anything, it wouldn't surprise me.

Offline Kamaji

Well the Kernel development is top down. Torvalds is a Musk like techie, but his daughter is a rabid leftist, and these guys can never stand up to their daughters. Frankly they could cook up anything, it wouldn't surprise me.

One could always run with a BSD-based OS if one were that concerned about the linux kernel.

On the other hand, since the linux kernel, to-date, is not taken over, don't upgrade to a version that is taken over.

Finally, since even the linux kernel is free and open-source, the ultimate solution is to pick a clean version now, and start developing it one's self.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Interesting...the gay flag was not on my machine yesterday, and today it is.  Update Manager still says most recent update was May 11.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

Interesting...the gay flag was not on my machine yesterday, and today it is.  Update Manager still says most recent update was May 11.

Interesting.  I wonder where in the registry that little bit of malfeasance resides.  Also, I wonder where the underlying image file is maintained.  Either one could be edited to remove the offending flag.

Offline Kamaji

Actually, according to the wiki on the linux kernel, active development is done principally by contributors from about 200 to 250 different companies (about 1,500 developers contributing), and is not done in a particularly top-down planned way.

Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel#Development

Since there are that many fingers in the pie, and since it lacks a proprietary top-down development model, I rather doubt that Torvald's left-wing daughter is going to get a say in tweaking the linux kernel in a nefarious manner.

That being said, I would hazard a guess that at least 50% of the developers are probably center to left of center politically, so there is always the risk of a quasi-consensus-driven drift leftward in the kernel.

Just one more reason for someone to go ahead and break out a clean version now and begin a separate development path.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Interesting.  I wonder where in the registry that little bit of malfeasance resides.  Also, I wonder where the underlying image file is maintained.  Either one could be edited to remove the offending flag.

I didn't even restart the machine......
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

A lot of changes don't require a restart.  If this little bit got on there without a restart, that means it was most likely a targeted update that wasn't packaged with a lot of other updates, which might have required a restart.

Offline Kamaji

@Cyber Liberty if you hover the cursor over the image, does it generate a pop-up that says something like "celebrate pride"?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty if you hover the cursor over the image, does it generate a pop-up that says something like "celebrate pride"?

Yes.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

Yes.

Oof!  What a PitA.  I've done a bit of googling, and the only thing that comes up is, basically, tinkering with the widgets.  I haven't found a registry deep-dive that would show where this little bit of malicious code is hiding, nor what the image file's name is (if the image file can be found, then the image can be altered so that even if it continues to display, it doesn't display that noxious flag).

That being said, if it's displaying "celebrate pride" when when one hovers over it, that might be a search term in the regedit app that could be used to find it.

• Technical
I'm kinda disappointed I still don't see it. Rebooted and everything.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oof!  What a PitA.  I've done a bit of googling, and the only thing that comes up is, basically, tinkering with the widgets.  I haven't found a registry deep-dive that would show where this little bit of malicious code is hiding, nor what the image file's name is (if the image file can be found, then the image can be altered so that even if it continues to display, it doesn't display that noxious flag).

That being said, if it's displaying "celebrate pride" when when one hovers over it, that might be a search term in the regedit app that could be used to find it.

Fortunately it is in the Widget window, and I'll go for weeks without clicking it.
I will NOT comply.