Author Topic: Solar farm runoff pollutes property, couple awarded $135 million  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Solar farm runoff pollutes property, couple awarded $135 million
By Bonner Cohen, Ph. D. |June 6th, 2023|59 Comments

Inflicting heavy fines on developers of a project billed as supplying clean, renewable energy, a federal jury has awarded a couple in southwest Georgia $135.5 million after runoff from “Lumpkin Solar” severely polluted waters and soils on their rural property.

According to a lawsuit filed by Shaun and Amie Harris, Lumpkin Solar’s developers – after clearing about 1,000 acres of timberland, farmland, and land previously used for hunting and fishing – failed to install adequate measures for erosion and sediment control.

“The result is what one would expect – when it rained, pollution poured downhill and downstream onto the neighbors’ property, inundating wetlands with silt and sediment, and turning a 21-acre trophy fishing lake into a mud hole,” said James E. Butler, the couple’s attorney, in a statement.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/06/06/solar-farm-runoff-pollutes-property-couple-awarded-135-million/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=solar-farm-runoff-pollutes-property-couple-awarded-135-million&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=solar-farm-runoff-pollutes-property-couple-awarded-135-million
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Solar farm runoff pollutes property, couple awarded $135 million
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 08:07:23 pm »
When you make an omelet,you have to break some eggs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: