Author Topic: Defense secretary's new guidance on drag shows on military bases has immediate impact: Report  (Read 84 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Defense secretary's new guidance on drag shows on military bases has immediate impact: Report
Story by Michael Lee • Monday

Multiple military installations are canceling planned Pride Month drag shows after a Defense Department ban.

Drag shows on Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada and Ramstein Air Base in Germany that had previously been approved by installation officials have now been scrapped as a result of a reported directive from Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, according to a report from Military.com.

The cancellations come after the shows on military bases drew intense scrutiny in recent weeks, sparking an effort by GOP senators to pass legislation that would ban the shows installations.

A bill pushed by Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont., included language that "appropriated or otherwise made available for the Department of Defense and no facilities owned or operated by Department of Defense may be used to host, advertise, or otherwise support an adult cabaret performance."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/defense-secretary-s-new-guidance-on-drag-shows-on-military-bases-has-immediate-impact-report/ar-AA1c9Iu6?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4670b67264e941428507a5fc1857b2a7&ei=29
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson