Author Topic: Republican revolt: Freedom Caucus tanks House gas stove vote in 'retaliation' against McCarthy  (Read 559 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican revolt: Freedom Caucus tanks House gas stove vote in 'retaliation' against McCarthy
by Jeremy Beaman, Energy and Environment Reporter & Cami Mondeaux, Congressional Reporter & Reese Gorman, Congressional Reporter |
June 06, 2023 02:57 PM

The House Freedom Caucus on Tuesday tanked legislation to restrict federal regulation of natural gas stoves in an act of defiance against House GOP leadership.

The vote was in retaliation for the passage of Speaker Kevin McCarthy's (R-CA) deal with President Joe Biden to raise the debt ceiling, which the Freedom Caucus strongly opposed as too weak on cutting federal spending.

Twelve Republicans voted against moving forward with debate on four pieces of legislation dealing with the regulation of gas stoves, joining 208 Democrats to block the measures.

Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX), who was outspoken against the debt deal, said Tuesday the direction Congress took in raising the debt ceiling "was a failure.

“We warned them not to cut that deal without coming down and sit down and talk to us. So this is all about restoring a process that will fundamentally change things back to what was working," Roy said.

Two of the GOP-led bills would restrict the federal government's ability to regulate or ban gas stoves.

A third would seek to limit agency discretion by authorizing federal courts that review agency actions to decide all relevant questions of law associated with a given action without deferring to previous legal determinations by the agency. The other bill would subject major agency actions to congressional approval.

This is a breaking story and will be updated.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/freedom-caucus-tanks-house-gas-stove-vote-mccarthy-retaliation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
So they cut their noses off to spite their faces?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 If they were true to their name they would want gas stove freedom for Americans.  Bunch of twatwaffles.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
So they cut their noses off to spite their faces?

Not their noses.  Just the noses of Americans who use gas stoves.

What they should have done if they had any balls was call a motion to vacate the chair.  I mean, that's really their issue, right?  That McCarthy didn't do what they wanted, and they feel they've been betrayed.  So they ought to do what they promised to do and file that motion.  Unless they lack the courage to follow through on all that tough-guy posturing they've been doing.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 08:27:17 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline berdie

What they should have done if they had any balls was call a motion to vacate the chair.  I mean, that's really their issue, right?  That McCarthy didn't do what they wanted, and they feel they've been betrayed.  So they ought to do what they promised to do and file that motion.  Unless they lack the courage to follow through on all that tough-guy posturing they've been doing.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

Absolutely, we and they were betrayed and yes, they need to follow through and motion to oust McCarthy. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline yodaspock

This would never have passed the Senate or be signed by the "Village Idiot" so this was warning to McCarthy.

Offline berdie

This would never have passed the Senate or be signed by the "Village Idiot" so this was warning to McCarthy.

I think I would have chosen a different issue to make an issue of. But that's just me. Lot's of the voting public are up in arms over this crazy legislation.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Timber shakes his rattle with:
"So they cut their noses off to spite their faces?"

No.
They cut their noses off to spite OUR faces.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Absolutely, we and they were betrayed and yes, they need to follow through and motion to oust McCarthy.

@libertybele

What do you think would happen after Democrats and some in the Freedom Caucus unite to oust McCarthy from the Speakership?

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

What do you think would happen after Democrats and some in the Freedom Caucus unite to oust McCarthy from the Speakership?

I would like to think that perhaps someone more conservative would be seated; but thinking about that scenario, it probably wouldn't happen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.