Author Topic: PGA Tour and LIV Golf merging in stunning end to sport’s war  (Read 427 times)

Online Kamaji

PGA Tour and LIV Golf merging in stunning end to sport’s war

By Justin Tasch
June 6, 2023

The war between the PGA Tour and LIV Golf is ending with the two joining forces.

The PGA Tour and the Saudi-backed rebel league are merging into one company, The PGA Tour announced.

The two sides will also be merging with the European DP World Tour.

All parties will work on the potential for LIV players to reapply for memberships with the PGA and DP Tours after this year, according to Golf Digest.

“After two years of disruption and distraction, this is a historic day for the game we all know and love,” PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan said in a statement. “This transformational partnership recognizes the immeasurable strength of the PGA TOUR’s history, legacy and pro-competitive model and combines with it the DP World Tour and LIV – including the team golf concept – to create an organization that will benefit golf’s players, commercial and charitable partners and fans. Going forward, fans can be confident that we will, collectively, deliver on the promise we’ve always made – to promote competition of the best in professional golf and that we are committed to securing and driving the game’s future.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/06/pga-tour-liv-golf-merging-in-stunning-end-to-sports-war/

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf merging in stunning end to sport’s war
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 03:53:57 pm »
America is for sale ... to the Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund ... the same week Saudi Arabia announces a July oil production cut to screw over America and the Government's attemmpt to replenish the Stratgeic Petroleum Reserve.

The Saudi Royal family is not America's ally.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Re: PGA Tour and LIV Golf merging in stunning end to sport’s war
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 09:40:39 pm »
 Clay Travis:
LIV-PGA Merger Is Monster Win For Golfers Who Left Tour, Bad Loss For Saudi-Obsessed Media
by Clay Travis
June 6, 2023, 11:14 am  updated June 6, 2023, 3:42 pm   

Stunning news in the sports world today, as LIV Golf and the PGA Tour are merging. (Well, stunning to some, but a humble reminder that your boy predicted this all the way back in June 2022.) Of course, I have a ton of thoughts on this landmark partnership.

1. Will all the woke sports media who ripped Saudi Arabia’s involvement in golf now refuse to cover the merged tour?

What a bunch of hypocritical losers those media, who would all have quit their own jobs for $20k extra, look like now.

2. What a monster win for the golfers who had the balls to leave for LIV.

They made a mountain of cash and now end up back in the exact same spot, only with way more money. This is what smart risk-taking looks like.

3. I believe this is the first insurgent sports league in major sports to force a merger since the AFL and NFL nearly 60 years ago.

What a win for LIV.

4. The PGA must have been really nervous about the antitrust evidence in the upcoming lawsuits.

The merger will end all pending litigation.

5. This is a great result for golf fans. The top players can all keep competing at the majors now without fear of losing out on them, which is all most fans cared about. ...
Outkick

However, 9/11 Families United Is ‘Deeply Offended’ By PGA Tour-LIV Golf Merger, Calls Commissioner Jay Monahan ‘Saudi Shill’, story at Outkick.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org