Author Topic: Apple just announced its first major product since 2014: The Vision Pro for $3,499  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Apple announced its mixed-reality headset, the Vision Pro, on Monday during its WWDC developer conference. The $3,499 headset is its first major new product since the Apple Watch in 2014.

The Vision Pro will allow users to see apps in a new way, in the spaces around them. Users can use their eyes and hands to navigate through apps and search with their voices. The headset can be used to watch movies, including in 3-D, with spatial audio, view their own pictures or videos, and play video games. It can also be used for work with video conferencing apps, Microsoft Office tools or Adobe Lightroom.

It will be available starting at $3,499 beginning early next year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/05/apple-vision-pro-announced-its-first-major-product-since-2014.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
I’m a huge Apple fan girl but I don’t quite understand the product and 3,500 dollars for something is a huge price point.

I would probably but it though if it was 1,500 = it might be a cool way to watch tv.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 11:12:54 pm by Gefn »

Offline mountaineer

It can also be used for work  ...
:laugh: No doubt.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I don't think I could stand to wear one for very long. With that and the price it is a no go for me. :tongue2:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
I don't think I could stand to wear one for very long. With that and the price it is a no go for me. :tongue2:

That is a huge price point. And somehow I think they’re aiming it at twenty and thirty year olds, I’m not that demographic

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Cool but 'spensive.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Even 10 years ago I would have said this is the coolest thing ever. Now I've grown so cynical about tech my first thought is what programming are they shoving in there to spy on you from ten different angles and who knows what else.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Even 10 years ago I would have said this is the coolest thing ever. Now I've grown so cynical about tech my first thought is what programming are they shoving in there to spy on you from ten different angles and who knows what else.

Yeah I know the feeling. My thought is there has to be something to be excited about out there. Maybe the woke worm will turn.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Now you can play the red queen in 3-D, virtual reality...

The folks at MK ULTRA would have loved all this stuff.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Gefn wrote:
"I’m a huge Apple fan girl but I don’t quite understand the product and 3,500 dollars for something is a huge price point."

I consider myself to be the most "Pro-Mac" guy on the forum, and I can't understand it either. I guess virtual reality ain't for me (I'm still trying to cope with NON-virtual reality!)...

Offline The_Reader_David

What no haptics so we can have Brave New World style "feelies".
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline libertybele

Cool but 'spensive.

Definitely a tad pricey; out of my price range and I really have no interest in the product anyways.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

That’ll be up next.

Offline mountaineer

:pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

That's waiting for the "smart" jumpsuit, which will include all of the circuitry and other gizmos needed to provide the feelies, and it will sync with the headset.

Then we're off to the races, so to speak.