Author Topic: RFK Jr: ‘Second Amendment Is Settled,’ Not Taking Anyone’s Guns  (Read 279 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RFK Jr: ‘Second Amendment Is Settled,’ Not Taking Anyone’s Guns

AWR Hawkinsb 5 Jun 2023

During a Monday conversation with Elon Musk, Democrat presidential hopeful Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said the Second Amendment is settled and that a Kennedy administration will not be trying to take away guns.

Dr. Benjamin Braddock quoted RFK Jr. saying, “My position on gun control is that I’m not going to take away anybody’s guns. I’m a constitutional maximalist and the issue has been settled by the Supreme Court.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/05/rfk-jr-second-amendment-settled-not-taking-anyones-guns/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

If this is his real position...great

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Dana Loesch and Jenna Ellis got into a bit of a disagreement over this on Twitter. Here's a sample:
Jenna Ellis 🐊🇺🇸
@JennaEllisEsq
1/ After listening to the @RobertKennedyJr Twitter space today, I am no longer a guaranteed GOP vote in the general election.
I would vote for Kennedy over AT LEAST Haley, Pence, and Hutchinson.
2/ @RobertKennedyJr
 is principled and understands the Constitution and its guarantee to protect the rights of Americans. He’s for free speech, for open debate, against vax mandates, against the war in Ukraine, for 2A (solutions other than gun control), for securing the border, for criticizing problems in his own party, and he’s not a neocon warmonger uniparty establishment hack.
That’s a fantastic start.
5:41 PM · Jun 5, 2023

Dana Loesch
@DLoesch
So you're for stuff like this?

5:42 PM · Jun 5, 2023

Jenna Ellis 🐊🇺🇸
@JennaEllisEsq
Nope. Totally disagree with that. And it’s a very disingenuous question from you. I think people shouldn’t be held to everything they tweeted 5+ years ago as if it reflects their position today unless they reaffirm it. Did you hear what he said TODAY about his position on gun control? Do you agree with finding solutions to mental health issues and an over-medicated population instead of gun control?
5:47 PM · Jun 5, 2023

Dana Loesch
@DLoesch
I'm always pro people changing their minds on this issue and siding with the Constitution -- but without clarification and acknowledgement of their previous position, it's fake.
I think a majority agreed with him on the virus vax, but one commonality does not make someone a political friend.
5:47 PM · Jun 5, 2023

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I keep in mind that the Kennedy's for all their problems were not liberals, not like today anyway. And in this atmosphere for a Rat to stand up and support the 2nd, the backlash alone at least gives me encouragement that if he has the cajones to say it, it's sincere.

Not saying I'd vote for the guy necessarily, but I'll take him for the Rat nomination over what we got at present.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

I keep in mind that the Kennedy's for all their problems were not liberals, not like today anyway. And in this atmosphere for a Rat to stand up and support the 2nd, the backlash alone at least gives me encouragement that if he has the cajones to say it, it's sincere.

Not saying I'd vote for the guy necessarily, but I'll take him for the Rat nomination over what we got at present.

RFK Jr. has stuck his neck out a few times and now he's made his opinion on the 2A known.

From what I can tell, he's  not the typical progressive liberal lunatic mental midget. 

I would love to see him become the nominee over Brandon.  He's been very vocal and for obvious reasons, due to the history of past family members, he needs to watch his back.  Sad, but true.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.