Author Topic: Mayor Eric Adams floats idea of New Yorkers housing migrants in ‘private residences’  (Read 543 times)

Offline Kamaji

Mayor Eric Adams floats idea of New Yorkers housing migrants in ‘private residences’

By Bernadette Hogan
June 5, 2023

There’s no place like home?

Mayor Eric Adams wants regular New Yorkers to literally welcome migrants flooding the Big Apple by revealing his latest idea to potentially put thousands of asylum seekers into private dwellings while paying local homeowners and landlords.

“It is my vision to take the next step to this faith-based locales and then move to a private residence” Hizzoner said Monday during a City Hall press conference.

“We can take that $4.2 billion — $4.3 [billion] maybe now — that we anticipate we have to spend and we can put it back in the pockets of everyday, everyday houses of worship instead of putting it in the pockets of corporations.”

“We should be recycling our own dollars,” he added.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/05/adams-wants-new-yorkers-to-house-migrants-in-private-residences/

Offline Kamaji

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Whose in YOUR house Adams?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

No landlord worth his or her salt will go along with this, not even to the extent of renting out empty units, because those illegal aliens will end up with an entitlement to being provided with a rent-controlled or rent-stabilized lease on that empty unit, and the landlord will find it impossible to get rid of the illegal aliens.

Offline PeteS in CA

Were I foolish or insane or unfortunate enough to be a landlord in NYC, there's no way in Hades I'd risk my property by renting it to illegals.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You voted for it, you eat it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Shades of Dr. Zhivago:

Offline andy58-in-nh

Whose in YOUR house Adams?
He's in Gracie Mansion, meaning there are several illegal aliens there, already. They are doing the dishes, laundry and the yard work.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

What kind of contract would there be?  Adams proclaims that homeowners and landlords would be paid.  Right.  How long would it take for the city of NY to pay them AND how long does Adams think $$ is going to last and where is it going to come from???

I've got a better idea -- Adams needs to house as many ILLEGALS as he can in his personal residence -- after all he'll get paid.  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Make wealthy people who own multiple residences take them in. You know, like the Clintons, the Obamas, Bernie Sanders, John Effin Heinz Kerry ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

🇺🇸Travis🇺🇸
@Travis_in_Flint
SHOCKING 
NYC Mayor Eric Adams suggest that struggling Americans should consider housing migrants and charging them rent.  The Mayor said the city has a $4.3 billion budget they can put back into the pockets of New Yorkers, but only if they’re willing to house Illegals. 
NYC currently has a deficit of $1.4 billion, and by next year it will hit $1.4 billion.  NYC also has 70,000 homeless Americans including veterans and Mayor Adams just announced he will send police on patrol to make sure they’re not invading public spaces.
Welcome to democrats America
5:47 PM · Jun 5, 2023

Kelly Victory MD
@DrKellyVictory
Just to clarify: Is there a rent sliding scale?  I mean, do I get to charge more in rent for say, a serial rapist than just a petty three-time illegal border crosser? Or is it rent-fixed?
5:12 PM · Jun 6, 2023

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
EXCELLENT IDEA!

Since he lives in a big mansion with  plenty of room,he  should set an example by bringing in a small busload to live in his mansion with  him and his family.

BTW,gardeners,nanny's,cooks,etc,etc,etc don't count.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 11:35:07 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!