Author Topic: EPA v. The Grid  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EPA v. The Grid
« on: June 05, 2023, 10:59:36 am »
EPA v. The Grid

A week after FERC commissioners warned about a looming “catastrophic reliability failure,” the EPA issued rules that could devastate the Mother Network.
MAY 13, 2023

Graphic: Mary Bryce
On May 4, members of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission delivered stark warnings to the members of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. The agency’s acting chairman, Willie Phillips, told the senators, “We face unprecedented challenges to the reliability of our nation’s electric system.”

FERC Commissioner Mark Christie echoed Phillips’ warning, saying the U.S. electric grid is “heading for a very catastrophic situation in terms of reliability.” His colleague, Commissioner James Danly, averred that there is a “looming reliability crisis in our electricity markets.”

The commissioners pointed to several factors for the reliability crisis, including numerous coal plants that are being retired prematurely, insufficient pipeline capacity to assure natural gas can be delivered to power plants, insufficient high-voltage transmission capacity, and distortions in the electricity market caused by massive federal subsidies for weather-dependent renewables.

https://robertbryce.substack.com/p/epa-v-the-grid
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: EPA v. The Grid
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 09:48:59 pm »
Fishrrman prediction:
At some point in the future, citizens are going to have to make a choice.
Will it be "the grid"?
or
Will it be "the EPA"?

One must go that the other survives.
Choose...!