Author Topic: Vandalism for the Planet! Climate activists deflate tyres to try to make it “impossible to own an SU  (Read 596 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Vandalism for the Planet! Climate activists deflate tyres to try to make it “impossible to own an SUV”
By Jo Nova

Tyre Extingishers LogoIt’s a cult. Believers in the climate religion can’t persuade the rest of the population through polite conversation, so a few are resorting to vandalism-for-the-planet because they know more than you do about atmospheric physics, right? After a spate last year, the call has gone out for activists to sneak around again after dark, being the deceptive cowards they are, and let down the tyres of SUVs to punish owners for not joining their pagan religion. Judging by their twitter thread, it doesn’t seem like a mass movement.

Philosophically, it’s just bully-badger-and-harass people for the climate kind of thing. According to “Tyre Extinguishers“you too can change the weather 100 years from now by dressing like a bank robber, and prancing around in the dark making other people’s lives more difficult. “Bravo” eh?

The same evangelists don’t seem to be concerned with even heavier EV’s made with child labor, the solar panels made by slaves, or the landfill toxic waste, destruction of forest, birds and bats by renewables. It’s just a tribal performance art to impress their friends and fill the spiritual vacuum in their lives.

When will the grown-ups in the environmental movement condemn vandalism? It’s time the Greens were asked if they support this.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/05/vandalism-for-the-planet-climate-activists-deflate-tyres-to-try-to-make-it-impossible-to-own-an-suv/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sooner or later one of these miscreants may be caught in the act and shot.
That's gonna kick up a lot of dust...!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It only takes one strategically inflicted wound to deflate a Climate Activist.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

Not everyone, though.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Are they just letting the air out through the valve or are they slashing tires.

Someone doing the latter would have something on them which would classify as a 'deadly weapon' if brandished...  Jus' sayin' 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Somebody poppin tires up in here is taking their life in their hands.
If you're lucky it will just be the dogs giving you new orifices to consider...
If you ain't so lucky, you won't be considering much anymore.
I don't know why it is different elsewhere.  :shrug:

Offline Kamaji

Someone doing the latter would have something on them which would classify as a 'deadly weapon' if brandished...  Jus' sayin' 888mouth

I believe they’re just letting the air out by the valve. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Fishrrman

Not in England they won't. Only  the wealthy can get permits to buy guns,and in SOME cases have to leave them locked at at a government-recognized gun club and check them out to use them.

Or at least that  is the way it was several years ago,and with the Muslim invasion of England,I don't see that being changed.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

Seems like  at this  point they are just letting  air out of the tires.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!