Author Topic: Chuck Todd leaving NBC political panel show ‘Meet the Press’  (Read 495 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Chuck Todd leaving NBC political panel show ‘Meet the Press’
By Associated Press   
June 4, 2023 10:50am

Chuck Todd said Sunday he’ll be leaving “Meet the Press” after a tumultuous near-decade of moderating the NBC political panel show, to be replaced in the coming months by Kristen Welker.

Todd, 51, told viewers that “I’ve watched too many friends and family let work consume them before it was too late” and that he’d promised his family he wouldn’t do that.

Todd has often been an online punching bag for critics during a polarized time, and there were rumors that his time at the show would be short when its executive producer was reassigned at the end of last summer.

It’s unclear when Todd’s last show will be, but he told viewers that this would be his final summer.

“I leave feeling concerned about this moment in history but reassured by the standards we’ve set here,” Todd said. “We didn’t tolerate propagandists, and this network and program never will.”

Welker, a former chief White House correspondent, has been at NBC News in Washington since 2011 and has been Todd’s chief fill-in for the past three years. She drew praise for moderating the final presidential debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden in 2020.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/06/04/chuck-todd-leaving-nbc-political-panel-show-meet-the-press/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Chuck Todd leaving NBC political panel show ‘Meet the Press’
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 04:39:59 pm »
Thank God.  He's a terrible moderator.  His voice always trails off during the last half of his sentences.

The networks need to take these Sunday morning shows on the road, around the nation, to every state and a mix of cities, suburbs, rural, and industrial areas.

I'd like to see more variety in the discussion(s), topics, and questions from weekly varieties of panelists, national, state, and local.

America is more than Washington, DC, and public political discussion should reflect that.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 05:04:28 pm »
Thank God.  He's a terrible moderator.  His voice always trails off during the last half of his sentences.

The networks need to take these Sunday morning shows on the road, around the nation, to every state and a mix of cities, suburbs, rural, and industrial areas.

I'd like to see more variety in the discussion(s), topics, and questions from weekly varieties of panelists, national, state, and local.

America is more than Washington, DC, and public political discussion should reflect that.

But no live audiences.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 05:15:40 pm »
But no live audiences.

Or dead ones, either.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley