Author Topic: Genetic study suggests new model for human evolution  (Read 481 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Genetic study suggests new model for human evolution
« on: June 04, 2023, 01:31:36 pm »
2 June 2023 / Evrim Yazgin
Genetic study suggests new model for human evolution

A modern genomic study puts forward an alternative model to the “tree of life” picture for how modern humans evolved.

While it is widely accepted that modern humans, Homo sapiens, diverged from other human species in Africa before spreading around the world, when and how the split between modern humans and other hominoids, such as Neanderthals, continues to be an area of uncertainty.

Read more: Ancient human genes show we adapted to cold climates over 30,000 years
The classic theory holds that between 100,000 and 300,000 years ago, one ancestral population of humans diverged from others in the Homo genus, leading to the modern human lineage.

Another theory suggests that this central ancestral population did not evolve in isolation, but was the result of mixing between modern humans and Neanderthal-like hominins, hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Decades of studies into human genomic variation point to the classic “tree-like” model of recent population divergence being accurate. But the fossil evidence suggests otherwise.

https://cosmosmagazine.com/history/genetic-study-modern-human-evolution-model/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Genetic study suggests new model for human evolution
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 03:52:12 pm »
Maybe the sample size and timeline for the DNA studies are too small.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 05:41:33 pm »
New sucky evolutionary theory replaces old sucky evolutionary theory.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 05:42:48 pm »
New sucky evolutionary theory replaces old sucky evolutionary theory.
:yowsa: :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis