Author Topic: F-16 Block 72 Fighter Is a Rockstar in the Sky  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-16 Block 72 Fighter Is a Rockstar in the Sky
« on: June 04, 2023, 12:32:23 pm »
F-16 Block 72 Fighter Is a Rockstar in the Sky
Story by Maya Carlin • Yesterday 9:27 AM

The Indonesian Defense Ministry in February purchased $22 billion worth of Western fighter jets. Among the powerful platforms soon to be acquired by the Indonesian air force is the newest variant of the American-made F-16 airframe — Block 72.

This newer model of the F-16 Fighting Falcon airframe incorporates many fifth-generation elements that also adorn the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II, making this variant a 4.5-generation platform.

Since entering service in the late 1970s, the F-16 has earned a steady reputation as a formidable fighter, and it continues to fly with dozens of nations across the globe.

Additionally, the Fighting Falcon’s extensive combat experience makes it an appealing, cost-friendly alternative for client states.

Indonesia’s purchase of the Block 72 variant will likely be emulated by other nations - and that's a smart move for many clear reasons.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/f-16-block-72-fighter-is-a-rockstar-in-the-sky/ar-AA17OxgL?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fceea3dc79fa4e8389aaf002a03e937f&ei=75
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson