Author Topic: ‘Gender-Affirming’ Surgery Leaves People Lonelier and Depressed, Study by Transgender Surgery Depart  (Read 271 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Gender-Affirming’ Surgery Leaves People Lonelier and Depressed, Study by Transgender Surgery Department Chairman Finds
Ben Johnson / June 02, 2023

The University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf—seen here on May 30, 2022—carries out transgender procedures, such as “labiaplasty” and breast augmentation. Data collected from 104 transgender patients there informed two studies that found that transgender surgeries do not improve mental health and make people feel lonelier than those who avoided surgical intervention altogether. (Photo: Axel Heimken/DPA/Getty Images)

COMMENTARY BY
Ben Johnson
Ben Johnson is senior reporter and editor at The Washington Stand.

The head of a facility that carries out so-called “gender-affirming care” has published a study confirming that transgender surgeries do not improve mental health and make people feel lonelier than those who avoided surgical intervention altogether.

“In our study, the level of life satisfaction in transgender people was not increased in transgender people who had undergone gender-affirming surgery as compared to those who were unoperated,” says a study published Tuesday in BMC Public Health, a peer-reviewed scientific journal.

• ur data indicate that transgender and gender-diverse people, who have undergone gender reassignment surgery feel lonelier” than transgender-identified people who have not elected to have surgery, finds a separate study by the same four researchers, originally published online May 11 in the journal Healthcare (Basel).

The researchers also reveal that people who identify as members of the opposite sex experienced greater isolation if they played sports. “[H]igher loneliness levels were significantly associated with … already having a gender-reassignment surgery [and] more than 4 [hours] a week of sports activities,” as “compared to no sports activity.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06/02/transgender-surgery-leaves-people-lonelier-depressed-study-transgender-surgery-dept-chairman-finds/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
So businesses which support trannies are supporting people becoming lonelier and more depressed.  Could it lead to mass murders? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So businesses which support trannies are supporting people becoming lonelier and more depressed.  Could it lead to mass murders? :pondering:

Yes.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

It could also lead to mass lawsuits. They cheered on turning an emotional problem into a permanent physical problem.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
‘Gender-Affirming’ Surgery Leaves People Lonelier and Depressed

It is all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline The_Reader_David

It is all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Or some other body part....
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dear Abbey, Dear Abbey
You won't believe this
My doctor said he could change the way that I piss
My plumbing's remodeled, but it don't work
and my doctors cashed in those m-f ing jerks.
Siiiigned, unhappy.

Unhappy, Unhappy,
You have no complaint,
You are what you were
and you ain't what you ain't
so listen up (insert pronoun) and listen up good
Stop wishing for bad luck and wishing for 'wood'

(With apologies to John Prine)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis