Author Topic: Fleet’s material condition keeps getting worse, new INSURV report says  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fleet’s material condition keeps getting worse, new INSURV report says
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Jun 2, 06:40 PM

y)
The Navy fleet’s overall material condition declined slightly in fiscal 2022, “resuming a slight but steady negative trend” that has occurred since fiscal 2017, according to the Navy’s annual Board of Inspection and Survey, or INSURV, report released by the Navy on Friday.

The report notes that the negative trend “is more notable” due to changes in INSURV calculations that adhere more closely to Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual metrics.

INSURV also removed major system demonstration and administrative program scores from the INSURV Figure of Merit, or IFOM, calculations.

“The updated IFOM calculation generates a more focused measure of overall material condition,” the report states.

https://www.defensenews.com/news/your-navy/2023/06/02/fleets-material-condition-keeps-getting-worse-new-insurv-report-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson