Author Topic: Ted Cruz goes off on far-left student debate judges: 'This has me horrified'  (Read 133 times)

Online libertybele

Ted Cruz goes off on far-left student debate judges: 'This has me horrified'

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, sounded the alarm on student debate judges "indoctrinating" participants and "destroying" the institution after a former high school debater exposed the left-wing agendas of members of the country's largest interscholastic debate organization.

Cruz addressed the issue on his podcast "Verdict with Ted Cruz" Wednesday after an essay penned by Incubate Debate founder James Fishback drew attention to the radical public profiles of some National Speech & Debate Association (NSDA) judges.

"That is so destructive to the very essence of debate, and it's destroying what is an incredible teaching experience for college kids," said Cruz, a former standout debater at Princeton University. "I gotta admit, this story has me horrified."

One judge describes herself as "a Marxist-Leninist-Maoist" who "cannot check the revolutionary proletarian science at the door" when judging high school students. The judge also identified arguments she will never accept from students: "fascism good, capitalism good, imperialist war good, neoliberalism good, defenses of US or otherwise bourgeois nationalism, Zionism or normalizing Israel, colonialism good, US white fascist policing good, etc."

"That is astonishing," Cruz remarked.

"Unless you argue for communism, you will lose... That's not debate. That is indoctrination."...................

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ted-cruz-far-left-student-debate-judges-horrified
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.