Author Topic: Trump dismisses 2024 GOP rivals, rips DeSantis for insisting a two-term president is needed  (Read 1772 times)

Online roamer_1

What Trump did do was clear a lot of red tape here and there so projects could run to completion, and the results be seen. But that came in conjunction with the culmination of the efforts of tens, if not hundreds of thousands who worked and still work in the industry. Consider there is a generation of oilfield hands who have never worked on a vertical well.

That's right... He knocked the chocks out and let er roll. And he gets credit for that... Getting government out of the way.

That Obama said we couldn't do it was a thrown gauntlet, and we had already picked it up before he threw it. (An awful lot of the hands are good ol' boys, and never tell a redneck what he can't do...even a degree or two in geology, geophysics, or engineering doesn't take that out).

LOL! That's right.  :beer:
 888high58888

Online roamer_1

That's kind of the point.   If all you can do are regulatory actions and EO's, your power to change the direction of the country is going to be fleeting at best.  So those viewing Trump as the guy who is truly going to Make America Great Again if elected are going to be bitterly disappointed.

That's right, and certainly not lost on me. I have argued all along that the only real change that will ever happen is not going to happen by a flash in the pan.

What will change things is a political coalition dedicated across generations to fight for certain and unmovable principles... You know... What Goldwater did. What Reagan did. Tumpy ain't nowhere near a Reagan. Because even with two terms, what Reagan did had little to do with his time in office.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That's right, and certainly not lost on me. I have argued all along that the only real change that will ever happen is not going to happen by a flash in the pan.

What will change things is a political coalition dedicated across generations to fight for certain and unmovable principles... You know... What Goldwater did. What Reagan did. Tumpy ain't nowhere near a Reagan. Because even with two terms, what Reagan did had little to do with his time in office.

Very well said.  Reagan breathed life into a conservative movement that was all but dead, and those values lived on long after he left office.  He did it by preaching conservatism to everyone, not just the already-converted.

Trump isn't fit to wash Reagan's socks.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
He and Biden both have lost it.  At least Trump can at least stand at this point.  :silly:

trump's never really had a functional mind.  Make Believe is okay for children,  but his entire lifes been built on fantasy... hes never been WELL.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
Very well said.  Reagan breathed life into a conservative movement that was all but dead, and those values lived on long after he left office.  He did it by preaching conservatism to everyone, not just the already-converted.

Trump isn't fit to wash Reagan's socks.

trumps not worthy to eat his Reagan's old socks

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
Yup, which means he lit the fuse - or helped light the fuse - on the inflation.  So even on economic matters, he doesn't have much in the way of accomplishments.

donny lit the fuse on a lot of things.   his quote of..Jan   2016 —  opened a pandoras box of mass killings

facebook didnt like this much,....and deleted the post it was in and blocked me a a few days for posting it

Offline corbe

Not only do you get to the point in your memes @MeshugeMikey you have a tendency to burrow under the skin and infect.  I like it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline NavyCanDo

:mauslaff:

More b.s. from the b.s. master himself.

Trump couldn't get jacksh*t accomplished in four years, even with a GOP controlled Congress, and now he thinks he can get full reform of the federal government accomplished in six months?

:facepalm2:

Don't forget his claim of ending the war in Ukraine in 24 hours.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DB

Well he also recently claimed he saved us from nuclear war with his "good friend" in North Korea.

Who knew...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

He's either a liar, or delusional.

Offline DB

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

It depends if the GOP maintains a majority in the House or can expand it and if they can recapture the Senate.

There were a lot of Republicans who weren't fans of his in 2016 but certainly were willing to work with him on legislation during his presidency.  And as much as people may hate Mitch McConnell, McConnell supported Trump's election in both 2016 and 2020, and stuck by Trump during both of his impeachments.

But my guess now is that McConnell, who is going to be the lead Republican in the Senate until he leaves, would be a lot more likely to give Trump the boot if that were to happen again.  And I don't think he's the only Republican whose views on Trump have soured since 2016.

The issue where Trump's toxicity worries me the most is immigration. The actions of DeSantis and Abbott have helped to make the entire country more aware of the problems posed by mass illegal immigration. I think it may well be possible for a Republican President to put together a bipartisan coalition to get a lot more border security.

But I don't think that can happen if that Republican president is Trump, because he is so toxic to Democrats that no Democrat will side with him on major legislation even if they would otherwise support that legislation, because the rest of their party will crucify them for siding with Trump on anything.

Trump is literally the worst announced Republican candidate we could have in office if the primary concern is stopping illegal immigration.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 04:49:25 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »