Author Topic: Trump doesn’t like the term ‘woke’: ‘Half the people can’t even define it’  (Read 205 times)

Offline corbe

Trump doesn’t like the term ‘woke’: ‘Half the people can’t even define it’

BY JULIA SHAPERO - 06/02/23 9:16 AM ET

Former President Trump said Thursday that he doesn’t like the term “woke,” claiming that most people “can’t even define it.”

“I don’t like the term ‘woke’ because I hear, ‘Woke, woke, woke.’ It’s just a term they use, half the people can’t even define it, they don’t know what it is,” Trump said at the Westside Conservative Breakfast in Urbandale, Iowa.

The idea of “wokeness” has been a central theme in the career and campaign of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Trump’s biggest competition in the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

“We reject this woke ideology,” DeSantis said in his inaugural address in January. “We seek normalcy, not philosophical lunacy. We will not allow reality, facts, and truth to become optional. We will never surrender to the woke mob. Florida is where woke goes to die.”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4031584-trump-iowa-dislikes-term-woke/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

So now he doesn’t like the term. Never mind he himself has used that term in the past
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

Yep @LMAO 

FTA:

Trump himself used the term just last weekend, claiming that “Disney has become a Woke and Disgusting shadow of its former self” under DeSantis in a Truth Social post on Sunday.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

And off he goes, further and further to the left of center.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"Woke" is a benign word that has been appropriated a controversial alternate definition.

"woke" is euhpemism for DEI and LGBTQ+.  It's vaugue dogwhistle on purpose so it can't be strictly connoted as "hate speech", "homophobia", "racism", "white supremacy", etc.

... it's similar to Anti-Semites using the term "New Yorkers" to refer to Jews to avoid being called out as Anti-Semites.

Language can inform thought; language can also disguise thought.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

He's on the wrong side of this issue, and he is setting himself up to be budlighted.