Author Topic: DC is experiencing a surge in violent crime involving young teens and pre-teens  (Read 241 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

JOHN SEXTON 4:00 PM on May 31, 2023

DC is experiencing a surge in violent crime involving young teens and pre-teens

An 11-year-old was charged after a string of robberies. A 12-year old was charged in a number of carjackings and assaults. Those are just two of the crime sprees that came to an end this month in Washington, DC.

As soon as he confronted the masked youth who seemed to be trying to rob him with a gun last week on Irving Street in Northwest Washington, Ryan Cummins knew the assailant was young.

“When I shoved him, he weighed nothing,” Cummins said in an interview…

Police said the youth they arrested on Saturday in Cummins’s case and two nearby robberies is even younger: 11. He is among the youngest arrested in the District this year in an armed robbery…

The 11-year-old also was charged as a juvenile with armed robbery after police said two young males robbed a man of a bicycle near his home on Lamont Street NW on May 21. Police said the man at first refused his assailant’s demands, but complied when the 11-year-old pulled a gun from his fanny pack. The youth was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon in Cummins’s case and with robbery in a May 26 incident on Luray Place NW in which car keys were taken.

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/05/31/dc-is-experiencing-a-surge-in-violent-crime-involving-young-teens-n554642
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

What else did they expect in a liberal city?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bad seed.
I'd say outloud what I think should be done with young perps like this.
But you wouldn't approve.