Author Topic: The Insanity that Rules the West  (Read 109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Insanity that Rules the West
« on: June 02, 2023, 02:19:28 pm »
  The Insanity that Rules the West
By Eric Zuesse
Global Research, June 02, 2023

On May 30th, Newsweek headlined “Russia ‘On Course’ for NATO Conflict, Commander Says”, and reported that Karel Rehka, the Commander of Chechia’s Armed Forces, said that,

“We view war between Russia and the North Atlantic Alliance as the worst-case scenario, but it is not impossible,” Rehka said. “It is possible.” Russia, the commander added, “is currently on a course towards a conflict with the Alliance.” … NATO deterrence, he added, is the solution to show Moscow that “it’s not worth it because it just can’t succeed” in defeating its Western rivals through military means.

The West’s unquestioned assumption is that Russia is currently engaged in an invasion of Ukraine for the purpose of “defeating its Western rivals through military means.” But that statement is blatantly false, as will here be documented via the links:

On 17 December 2021, Russia formally presented to NATO a proposal for negotiation:

“All member States of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization commit themselves to refrain from any further enlargement of NATO, including the accession of Ukraine as well as other States.”

https://www.globalresearch.ca/insanity-rules-west/5821075
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: The Insanity that Rules the West
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 02:25:53 pm »
Russia didn't present a proposal for negotiation, they presented a demand that NATO cede the non-NATO portion of Europe to Russia.