Author Topic: FBI Finally Caves, Agrees to Hand Over Documents on Biden Bribery Allegations  (Read 276 times)

Online Kamaji

FBI Finally Caves, Agrees to Hand Over Documents on Biden Bribery Allegations

By Eric Lendrum
June 2, 2023

After being threatened with a “contempt of Congress” vote, FBI Director Christopher Wray has finally caved and agreed to hand over a subpoenaed informant file alleging that Joe Biden engaged in a $5 million bribery scheme while he was vice president.

As Just The News reports, Congressman James Comer, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, announced on Friday that the long sought-after memo will be available for all lawmakers to study on Monday. The FD-1023 in question, filed by an FBI informant in June of 2020, claims that Biden actively tried to change U.S. foreign policy in exchange for a $5 million payment to his family’s business by an unknown foreign country or entity.

After the document’s existed was first revealed by a whistleblower’s congressional testimony, Chairman Comer used the power of the subpoena to demand that the FBI hand it over. But the bureau repeatedly refused to hand it over, citing security and privacy concerns. Only after Comer threatened to arrange a “contempt of Congress” vote for Wray did the FBI director finally relent, after weeks of stonewalling.

“Chairman Comer will receive a briefing from the FBI and review the document on Monday,” the Oversight Committee said in a statement. “Chairman Comer has been clear that anything short of producing the FD-1023 form to the House Oversight Committee is not compliance with his subpoena. This unclassified record contains pages of details that need to be investigated further by the House Oversight Committee.”

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2023/06/02/fbi-finally-caves-agrees-to-hand-over-documents-on-biden-bribery-allegations/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Comer Gets Big Win as Wray Caves Completely on Biden 'Bribery' Form
Nick Arama

Over the years, we’ve seen Republicans talk a good game about pursuing investigations into Democratic wrongdoing. They often say good things, but then the problem is they don’t hold them to account. We may be seeing something different with this new crop of Republicans, at least when it comes to House Oversight Chair James Comer and the Biden ‘bribery’ from controversy.

As we have reported, Comer has been trying to get the FD-1023 form from the FBI. An FBI whistleblower told Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) about the form which allegedly details an exchange of money for policy actions by then Vice President Joe Biden. So Comer subpoenaed the form and any information on what action they had done to investigate the allegations on it.

But the FBI blew off the first deadline of May 10 and gave a response indicating they thought this was just the start of discussions. Then they blew off a May 30 adjusted deadline. Comer then said he would be filing contempt charges against FBI Director Christopher Wray.

On Wednesday, Wray, Comer, and Grassley had a phone call where Wray offered to have them come to FBI headquarters to view the document. But at this point, Comer wasn’t accepting anything but fully complying with his subpoena. He said unless they turned the document over to Congress they weren’t in compliance with his subpoena, so he would be proceeding with the contempt proceedings anyway.

That appears now to have prompted Wray to completely cave on the issue. Wray is now agreeing to turn over the document on Monday to Congress, officials said.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/06/02/comer-gets-big-win-as-wray-caves-completely-on-biden-bribery-form-n755308
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Wray is now agreeing to turn over the document on Monday to Congress, officials said.

I'm not so sure that Way blinked but that it was Comer who blinked.  The FBI is bringing the document over to the Capitol on Monday, BUT it will still be treated as a classified document and viewable only in the secure Capitol room in the basement, still under FBI control.  And I bet that any Congressman who views it will not be able to openly talk about what it says.  So Wray gets his cake and can eat it too.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I hope they bring someone who can tell whether the documents Wray brings are genuine, not some cleverly redacted form of them.  He and his corrupt agency are quite capable of doing that even if they had to hand carry them to China to get it done.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I hope they bring someone who can tell whether the documents Wray brings are genuine, not some cleverly redacted form of them.  He and his corrupt agency are quite capable of doing that even if they had to hand carry them to China to get it done.

See my other post about this issue...looks like both Comer and Grassley got their own copies of the document from the whistleblower, and already knew what was in it, and they caught Wray lying about it.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus