Author Topic: Disrespect of the weather a major driver of the climate agenda  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Disrespect of the weather a major driver of the climate agenda
By Joe Bastardi |June 1st, 2023|8 Comments

One of the big ironies in my life is that I always had a knock against me from always seeing the extreme event even if it was not coming. So I would tend to over forecast minor events and then hit big events. It’s probably because I studied so many big storms of the past, I secretly longed for the chance to forecast them. Be the guy that hit the 38 hurricane or nail the D-Day forecast. Countless other examples where those that came before me left me in awe of them, and the events they forecasted. There is a natural tendency in all of us to reach beyond our grasp, but without rational thinking, it can lead to error.  I think in a way you see that today, people are so comfortable they want to do something heroic. What is more heroic than elevating yourself to the level of a God and changing climate?

One of the senior people at AccuWeather once compared me to Dave Kingman, a homerun hitter with the Mets ( He knew I hated the Mets, and loved the Yankees, so it was a double whammy). He said I struck out a lot but if I hit a home run it was memorable. I would like to think that I don’t strike out as much as what that person was saying. I mean when you play every day you’re going to have a lot of times when the weather is going to beat you.  If you fight globally in this field every day, then you are going to take hits.   But one of the things I think that has happened is that because I’ve looked at the past and studied it so much I respect what the weather is capable of doing and indeed what it should do from time to time. So yes I look for it.  I really respect people before me that nailed the forecast for events.   ( I am still trying to figure out how my dad told me 2 days before a Jan 1964 storm in College Station it was going to snow. I was a hero in grade school when it happened. See I like being a hero too)

https://www.cfact.org/2023/06/01/disrespect-of-the-weather-a-major-driver-of-the-climate-agenda/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=disrespect-of-the-weather-a-major-driver-of-the-climate-agenda&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=disrespect-of-the-weather-a-major-driver-of-the-climate-agenda
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson