Author Topic: NY taking legislative action to stop the “transition” until a fossil fuel replacement is identified.  (Read 121 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NY taking legislative action to stop the “transition” until a fossil fuel replacement is identified.
By Ronald Stein |June 1st, 2023

In May 2023, New York Senator George Borrello Introduced Legislation to Prohibit Use of Fossil Fuels in Manufacturing of Renewable Energy Equipment. Obviously, the Senator is cognizant of the reality that all the parts and components for wind turbines and solar panels are made with the oil derivatives manufactured from crude oil! Thus, ridding the world of oil will eliminate wind turbines, solar panels, and EV batteries!

Senator Borrello stated, “In order to produce and install renewable energy sources at the scale that will be required to power our entire state, the environmental toll from coal-fired power, diesel fuel and the mining of rare earth metals will be extensive and exists at cross-purposes with the stated goals of those advancing the climate agenda,” said Sen. Borrello. “If they truly believe that fossil fuels must be eliminated, then the state (New York) should not be financing the proliferation of structures whose manufacture, transport and installation produces significant emissions.”

“Those who blindly call for New York to rapidly transition to renewable energy are perpetrating a shell game for political purposes, at great cost to our environment. This legislation would halt further damage as we wait for renewable technologies that can be produced sustainably, ethically and in cooperation with the goal of truly protecting our environment,” he concluded.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/06/01/ny-taking-legislative-action-to-stop-the-transition-until-a-fossil-fuel-replacement-is-identified/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson