Author Topic: SD: Brown County landowner not in contempt of court after tension with Summit Carbon Solutions  (Read 1267 times)

Online mountaineer

Brown County landowner not in contempt of court after tension with Summit Carbon Solutions
Story by Sarah Parkin • Yesterday 8:56 PM
ABERDEEN, S.D. (Dakota News Now) - A Brown County landowner facing Summit Carbon Solutions in court was found not to be in contempt of court, but says he still feels defeated.

Jared Bossly received the ruling from Judge Richard Sommers Wednesday afternoon in the Brown County Courthouse. The charge was brought forth at the request of Summit Carbon Solutions.

Bossly was accused of threatening the lives of Summit Carbon Solutions surveyors.

Summit Carbon Solutions intends to construct a carbon pipeline that will run through a dozen counties in South Dakota. The purpose is to capture carbon dioxide from ethanol plants and sequester it underground in North Dakota. This will help reduce the carbon emission footprints of the plants. ...
MSN

One of the biggest invasions of property rights in American history is currently happening in South Dakota to expand green energy.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1663738594287034368
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

WTF?!

Injecting carbon-dioxide into the ground rather than releasing it in the air or sequestering it for re-use by industry ... what could possibly go wrong?

Is there any chance this could lead to ground water contamination or soil contamination?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They've been pushing this pipeline here in Iowa and as far as I know have been stopped cold by the Legislature.

The whole thing is a grift, taking money but giving no real benefit, plus completely unproven technology.
The Republic is lost.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Most important story in America: climate zealots try to confiscate South Dakota family farm…
June 1, 2023 ( ago)

They canceled Tucker, now they’re coming for us… but you can fight back. Cancel Fox Nation and instead click here to subscribe to Revolver. Or give the gift of Revolver—simply select the annual subscription and select “This is a gift” on the next page. If you want to give extra during this critical time, you can make a one-time or recurring monthly donation — whether it’s $1 or $1,000, every bit goes towards the battle to save our great nation.

There is a very disturbing story coming out of South Dakota. It’s one of the most important stories in America, yet, the media is completely silent. The story involves a farmer named Jared Bossly and a “green” company called “Summit Carbon Solutions” that’s trying to confiscate Mr. Bossly’s family farm by using eminent domain — the right of a government or its agent to expropriate private property for public use. The green group wants to confiscate Mr. Bossly’s farm in order to construct a carbon capture pipeline on his land.

To make matters worse, Summit Carbon Solutions is very politically connected. Conservative pundit Greg Price shared this tidbit on Twitter.

To give you an idea of Summit Carbon’s connections to the GOP:

Their senior adviser is former six term Iowa Governor Terry Branstad. He’s a kingpin in Iowa and his support is crucial to political success in the state.

Former SD GOP State Chair Dan Lederman is a senior adviser for LS2group, a public relations firm working with Summit Carbon Solutions.

Oh yeah, and they were also a platinum sponsor of Gov. Kristi Noem’s inauguration back in January.

https://www.revolver.news/2023/06/most-important-story-in-america-climate-zealots-try-to-confiscate-south-dakota-family-farm/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Greg Price
@greg_price11
This is an image that was shared with @RepJonHansen from one of the South Dakota landowners in McPherson County facing an eminent domain lawsuit from Summit Carbon Solutions to build a carbon capture pipeline on their property for ethanol plants in Iowa. It shows an armed security guard flanking surveyors as they enter private land without permission for a pipeline they don't even have the permit to build yet.

This is the state of private property rights in South Dakota.

Read more about this in Price's essay: When Green Energy Comes For Your Farm; Farmers are facing eminent domain lawsuits for carbon capture pipeline

Online mountaineer

Rep. Jon Hansen
@RepJonHansen
This is the current scene on private property in South Dakota: an out-of-state, for-profit corporation with armed patrol intruding on property without the landowner’s consent to lay a carbon sequestration pipeline that the landowner doesn’t want. This is not freedom.

Rep. Jon Hansen
@RepJonHansen
@govkristinoem let's call a special session. Landowner's rights are being seized by a Chinese connected corporation in the name of "eminent domain," and I'll stay as long as it takes to convince Senate leadership to stand for our South Dakota landowners’ Constitutional rights.

https://twitter.com/RepJonHansen/status/1666113145125982209

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Rep. Jon Hansen
@RepJonHansen
This is the current scene on private property in South Dakota: an out-of-state, for-profit corporation with armed patrol intruding on property without the landowner’s consent to lay a carbon sequestration pipeline that the landowner doesn’t want. This is not freedom.

Rep. Jon Hansen
@RepJonHansen
@govkristinoem let's call a special session. Landowner's rights are being seized by a Chinese connected corporation in the name of "eminent domain," and I'll stay as long as it takes to convince Senate leadership to stand for our South Dakota landowners’ Constitutional rights.

https://twitter.com/RepJonHansen/status/1666113145125982209

Time for a Range War!. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.