Author Topic: U.S. plans to admit nearly 40,000 asylum-seekers per month through mobile app  (Read 130 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. plans to admit nearly 40,000 asylum-seekers per month through mobile app
BY CAMILO MONTOYA-GALVEZ

MAY 31, 2023 / 10:04 PM / CBS NEWS

The Biden administration is planning to dramatically expand the processing of asylum-seekers along the U.S.-Mexico border by admitting nearly 40,000 migrants at official crossings each month, an unprecedented number, Department of Homeland Security officials told CBS News Wednesday.

Starting in June, officials will allow more migrants waiting in Mexico to secure an appointment to enter the U.S. through a government phone app known as CBP One, which the Biden administration has transformed into the main gateway to the American asylum system.

U.S. border officials are preparing to distribute 1,250 appointments each day — or roughly 38,750 each month — to migrants in Mexico so they can present themselves at ports of entry for an opportunity to be allowed inside the country to request asylum, DHS officials said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/asylum-seekers-cbp-one-mobile-app-u-s-plans-admit-nearly-40000-monthly/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson