Author Topic: City officials looking at 750 potential locations to house influx of asylum seekers  (Read 121 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
City officials looking at 750 potential locations to house influx of asylum seekers
Jun 01, 2023, 6:39amUpdated 28m ago
By: News 12 Staff

Deputy Mayor Anne Williams-Isom says New York City is continuing to struggle with the influx of migrants coming into the five boroughs.

According to the deputy mayor, more than 45,000 migrants are currently in the care of the city and over 95,000 have gone through the city's care since the start of the crisis.

More than 81,000 people in total are in city shelters, the Department of Homeless Services adds.
The city is looking at around 750 prospective new locations to house migrants in the city. The deputy mayor says the city is currently working with the state on a plan for this summer.

https://brooklyn.news12.com/city-officials-looking-at-750-potential-locations-to-house-influx-of-asylum-seekers
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson