Author Topic: Bud Light risks losing its title as the top-selling US beer to Modelo after sales plunged 25.7% in b  (Read 889 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bud Light risks losing its title as the top-selling US beer to Modelo after sales plunged 25.7% in biggest weekly decline since Dylan Mulvaney tie-up

Modelo Especial is now outselling Bud Light nationwide, latest trade data show
    Bud Light sales were down 25.7% from a year ago for the week ended May 20
    It was the steepest drop in weekly sales since Dylan Mulvaney controversy

By Keith Griffith and Lewis Pennock For Dailymail.Com

Published: 10:09 EDT, 31 May 2023 | Updated: 10:55 EDT, 31 May 2023

Bud Light risks losing its title as the top-selling US beer, after sales of the beer posted their biggest decline from the prior year since the brand's controversial partnership with transgender influence Dylan Mulvaney.

For the week ended May 20, Bud Light sales were down 25.7 percent from the same week a year ago, while nearest rival Model Especial saw sales jump 9.2 percent, according to data from Bump Williams Consulting cited by the New York Post.

'While Bud Light loses week after week, Modelo Especial gains week after week and now Modelo outsells Bud Light on a national basis across all trade channels combined,' Bump Williams, who runs the consulting firm, told the Post.

'If this continues Modelo will surpass Bud Light for the year,' he added.

Modelo was the number two beer in the US last year, posting $3.8 billion in off-premises sales, compared to $4.8 billion for Bud Light, according to Bump Williams data.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12144105/Bud-Light-risks-losing-title-selling-beer-Modelo.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Isn't Modelo also under the InBev umbrella?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Isn't Modelo also under the InBev umbrella?

It is owned by Grupo Modelo. A mexican brewing company.

Amend that to say Modelo is owned by by InBev. Model Especial is not.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 11:12:37 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

It is owned by Grupo Modelo. A mexican brewing company.

Amend that to say Modelo is owned by by InBev. Model Especial is not.
InBev says it's one of theirs. https://www.ab-inbev.com/our-brands/

Offline Kamaji

Yuengling is a good beer that, to my knowledge, isn't owned by InBev.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

Correct on both counts!

Offline Polly Ticks

True story!
 :beer:

Side note - I saw several people at the local Texas Roadhouse drinking Yuengling on Monday night.  Maybe I am just more aware of it now, but I sure don't recall seeing that many during previous evenings out.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

Chad Prather
@WatchChad
Anheuser Busch now down $27 billion. Not one brick thrown, not one highway blocked, not one building burned. Well done everyone
Last edited
1:15 PM · Jun 3, 2023

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
InBev says it's one of theirs. https://www.ab-inbev.com/our-brands/
I believe there was some antitrust action that prevents them from selling that brand in the USA. It has to be imported by another company (Labatt, their Canadian brand, is another brand subject to the same rule).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline The_Reader_David

I'm afraid I'm no help with an ImBev boycott.  I hardly drink any American beers other than craft beers.  Perhaps not surpising, since the first beer I ever actually liked was Guinness, and while I've developed a taste for lighter beers, if I want a pilsner, I'll take the KC Bier Co.'s Pure Pils over any of the mass produced pilsners that make up the bulk of American beers.

If I have to drink a mass produced American beer, I've always preferred Coors -- the only one I've found that remains drinkable if it warms up to cellar temperature (the proper temperature for drinking good beers and ales, falsely vilified in the American claim that the British "drink warm beer".)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Bud Schlitz'ed themselves.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Budweiser is going to lose 'shelf space' at stores due to lack of sale.
The amount of space and the position allocated to a product is based on how much it sells.
Once Bud loses their prominent spot on the shelf it is extremely difficult to get it back, and this will cause sales to fall even more.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.