Author Topic: School official laments electric buses cost ‘5X more’ and are riddled with ‘performance issues’  (Read 373 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

School official laments electric buses cost ‘5X more’ and are riddled with ‘performance issues’

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/school-electric-buses-cost-more-performance-issues

One Michigan school official admitted his district’s move to using electric buses was less than the government has touted it to be.

Emile Lauzzana, the environmental sustainability director of Michigan’s fourth-largest school district, recently told the Ann Arbor Public Schools Board of Education that the district’s electric bus fleet has had “a lot of downtime and performance issues.”
“We’ve been learning a lot about this technology,” Lauzzana also said. “Electric buses are approximately five times more expensive than regular buses, and the electrical infrastructure, which was originally estimated to be only about $50,000, give or take, for those four buses ended up being more like $200,000."

Lauzzana explained the district attempted to utilize "Vehicle to Grid" interconnection, which helps push energy back to the grid when buses are not being used, but that the “technology was not working.”

“I will say that I have a number of colleagues in different states who are facing similar challenges,” he added, noting the differences between electric cars versus buses. ...

OK, what educrat was so utterly ignorant as to not realize that all-electric busses would perform terribly in cold weather?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Get woke go broke.

We need one for green.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Most of the school buses I've seen around here are using propane instead of diesel. They run very clean...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Most of the school buses I've seen around here are using propane instead of diesel. They run very clean...
Propane is good down to about 30 below. From there, it doesn't vaporize so well. We warmed up our dual fuel (propane/gasoline) pickups on gas for a bit before we'd switch them over to propane in the wintertime, back in the '70s/80s. (Company trucks)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis