Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo and Donald Trump Join Forces, and We Need to Talk About It  (Read 315 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Andrew Cuomo and Donald Trump Join Forces, and We Need to Talk About It
By Bonchie | 8:45 AM on May 31, 2023

Ron DeSantis has been in the presidential race for a week, and things are already getting absurd. In one of the odder moments of the campaign (so far), Donald Trump lashed out at DeSantis on Tuesday, asserting that the State of New York had a better COVID response and outcome than Florida.

https://twitter.com/IMAO_/status/1663622519545266176

The problems with Trump’s assertion are obvious to anyone knowledgeable about the COVID-19 pandemic. As stated above, Florida has a higher population than New York. Thus, one would expect the Sunshine State to have more overall deaths. That’s especially true if you believe, as most conservatives do, that mitigation measures like lockdowns and such, did little to nothing to stem the tide of COVID-19.

In other words, my view (and I believe the view of most reading this) has long been that the right thing to do regarding COVID was to not stay locked down and to ditch ineffective mask mandates, saving the economy and the minds of children. Why? Because those mitigation measures offered no ascertainable benefit. In the end, it was age and obesity levels that determined which states saw the highest death rates, not whether a state took certain mitigation measures like vaccine passports and keeping schools closed.

That brings me to the other reason Trump’s attack makes no sense. Florida is the retirement capital of the country. It is an extremely old state. The number one preexisting condition associated with COVID deaths has always been old age. No amount of lockdowns or mask-wearing was ever going to change that, and when you adjust for age, Florida has actually far outperformed New York in the realm of COVID mitigation.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/05/31/andrew-cuomo-and-donald-trump-join-forces-and-we-need-to-talk-about-it-n754127
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Trump is gaslighting all of his supporters.  The Art of the Con, indeed.

Offline LMAO

Trump is gaslighting all of his supporters.  The Art of the Con, indeed.

And these attacks from Trump seem to be coming from the left. Not just this issue, but spending and entitlement reform.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Trump is burying himself and continues to decrease his chances of re-election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

And these attacks from Trump seem to be coming from the left. Not just this issue, but spending and entitlement reform.

He's always been from the left.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
He already has his worshippers locked in. They have abandoned reason—or, perhaps more accurately, adopted a cult of personality that their morals and reasons revolve entirely around Trump the person. That's why Trump still leads in the polls: they just don't care. They've already assumed any negative press is a conspiracy, there are no better alternatives, that any legitimate alternative is a conspiracy by the Bushes/globalists/etc. (but Trump somehow is not).

Donald Trump is now at the point where he can reveal himself for who he is and no longer has to hide it. And remember: regaining the Presidency is not his goal. His goal is to remain famous, relevant, talked-about. If he wins the Presidency again, he fades into irrelevance after the term limits hit. If he loses, and can convince enough of his primary base that he was robbed, he can run again in 2028, 2032, 2036... all the way up until he dies.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

He already has his worshippers locked in. They have abandoned reason—or, perhaps more accurately, adopted a cult of personality that their morals and reasons revolve entirely around Trump the person. That's why Trump still leads in the polls: they just don't care. They've already assumed any negative press is a conspiracy, there are no better alternatives, that any legitimate alternative is a conspiracy by the Bushes/globalists/etc. (but Trump somehow is not).

Donald Trump is now at the point where he can reveal himself for who he is and no longer has to hide it. And remember: regaining the Presidency is not his goal. His goal is to remain famous, relevant, talked-about. If he wins the Presidency again, he fades into irrelevance after the term limits hit. If he loses, and can convince enough of his primary base that he was robbed, he can run again in 2028, 2032, 2036... all the way up until he dies.

Well that certainly is an interesting perspective, but should he lose the nomination in '24 (which it looks like he's heading in that direction) I don't see him making another attempt.  Who is going to listen to him after that???

IMHO if it looks like he isn't going to be the nominee, he'll find a reason to step out of the race.  The last thing he wants to be known as is a two-time loser.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

I seriously doubt that Trump believes the New York governor had a better COVID record that Florida

He’s just having a temper tantrum that DeSantis has entered the race
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy