Author Topic: DHS Secretary’s ‘Border Security’ is a Hall of Smoke and Mirrors  (Read 519 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS Secretary’s ‘Border Security’ is a Hall of Smoke and Mirrors
May 30, 2023

After Title 42 health protocols were lifted at the southern border this month, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said, “We cannot control the movement of people before they reach the border.”

That’s not strictly true. The U.S. can exert pressure on governments in Mexico and the Northern Triangle to tamp down mass illegal migration, as the Trump administration did.

Truth be told, Mayorkas should have added that his agency isn’t even controlling the movement of people at the border. In fact, he hasn’t been enforcing his own security orders, thus ensuring that illegal aliens continue to surge into the U.S. virtually unabated.

Lately, reporters have been juxtaposing tales of anxious migrants queuing up at the border with vague allusions to “strict new rules,” which purportedly restrict their chances for admittance to America. According to media accounts, migrants are now “essentially” barred from seeking asylum in the U.S. if they did not first seek protection in the countries they traveled through, or “had not applied online.”

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/05/30/dhs-secretarys-border-security-hall-smoke-and-mirrors
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Alejandro Mayorkas said, “We cannot control the movement of people before they reach the border.”

The implication is, of course, they do something about it after they cross the border which is true.  They put them on planes and buses to cities across the nation. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They tried nothing, and they have run out of ideas.

If Mayorkas is not up to the task, impeach/fire him and replace him with someone who is.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS Secretary’s ‘Border Security’ is a Hall of Smoke and Mirrors
May 30, 2023

After Title 42 health protocols were lifted at the southern border this month, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said, “We cannot control the movement of people before they reach the border.”

That’s not strictly true. The U.S. can exert pressure on governments in Mexico and the Northern Triangle to tamp down mass illegal migration, as the Trump administration did.

Truth be told, Mayorkas should have added that his agency isn’t even controlling the movement of people at the border. In fact, he hasn’t been enforcing his own security orders, thus ensuring that illegal aliens continue to surge into the U.S. virtually unabated.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/05/30/dhs-secretarys-border-security-hall-smoke-and-mirrors
Thomas Jefferson