Author Topic: DeSantis vows to send Biden ‘back to his basement,’ rips debt-ceiling deal in Iowa campaign kickoff  (Read 578 times)

Offline Kamaji

Ron DeSantis vows to send Biden ‘back to his basement,’ rips debt-ceiling deal in Iowa campaign kickoff

By Victor Nava
May 30, 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis held his first official presidential campaign event in Iowa Tuesday night, telling voters in the early nominating state that the nation is “careening toward bankruptcy” in the wake of President Biden’s debt ceiling deal with House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

DeSantis’ appearance at the Eternity Church in Clive, just west of Des Moines, marked his first stop on a three-state, 12-city tour that will also take in the first two primary states, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

“It is great to be back. And it’s great for me to report that our great American comeback starts by sending Joe Biden back to his basement in Delaware,” DeSantis told the packed house, referencing his campaign’s “Our Great American Comeback Tour”. “I mean, he’s spent so much of his time as president on vacation, we might as well make it permanent.”

After buttering up the crowd by referring to his home state of Florida as the “Iowa of the southeast,” DeSantis launched into his campaign pitch of competent, conservative governance.

“At the end of the day, leadership is not about entertainment,” the 44-year-old said. “It’s not about building a brand. it’s not about virtue signaling. It is about results, and in Florida, we didn’t lead with merely words, we followed up our words with deeds, and we have produced a record of accomplishment that we would put up against anybody in this country.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/ron-desantis-vows-to-send-biden-back-to-his-basement-rips-debt-ceiling-deal-in-iowa-campaign-kickoff/

Offline NavyCanDo

FOX News broke away after just a couple of minutes into it this much anticipated speech.   Damn.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
FOX News broke away after just a couple of minutes into it this much anticipated speech.   Damn.

I think this is the speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHwIICUOv9Y
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Good speech -- but sooner or later, he needs to incorporate that he's for ALL Americans not just FLoridians. That's going to be tough to do as obviously most of his accomplishments are in FL.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Please excuse the interruption, you'll be returned to your regularly scheduled fantasies shortly ----

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

Morning Consult: Who do you think would do a better job handling...?

The Economy
Trump — 71% (+52)
DeSantis — 19%

Immigration
Trump — 70% (+50)
DeSantis — 20%

Foreign Policy
Trump — 69% (+49)
DeSantis — 20%

Protecting Medicare and Social Security
Trump — 60 (+35)
DeSantis — 25%

https://t.co/ufk1F9fLsu

9:19 AM · May 31, 2023

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

Republicans - Who has the best chance of winning 2024 Presidential Election?

NBC/YouGov
Trump — 59% (+32)
DeSantis — 27%

Monmouth
Donald Trump — 63% (+31)
Someone else — 32%

YouGov/Economist
Trump — 58% (+31)
DeSantis — 27%

7:40 PM · May 30, 2023

It's okay, they were doing him a favor -----

Online Hoodat

Clearly, Ron DeSantis is not the Establishment candidate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Please excuse the interruption, you'll be returned to your regularly scheduled fantasies shortly ----

Sure is a high level of fear of an opponent with such supposedly low poll numbers.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Sure is a high level of fear of an opponent with such supposedly low poll numbers.

Yup.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@Free Vulcan

Since governor...based upon his position on everything important to me as man, father and grandfather, how could you NOT consider voting for DeSantis...

...IF THE ALTERNATIVE PARTY IS 4 MORE YEARS OF HORSESH*T, OR WORSE???

As 'mayor' of Realville, the only thing that's going to stop Donald Trump? 

Death.   I get chills thinking about his safety.

And if you think America 'burned' when Martin Luther was assassinated?? Stay tuned!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Nah.  Now they're just having fun.   :laugh:

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

888high58888

laughs, aside.   

And I'm frankly embarrassed to ask you... Do you believe the 2020 Election tabulations were honest and legitimate?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

Obviously

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

888high58888

laughs, aside.   

And I'm frankly embarrassed to ask you... Do you believe the 2020 Election tabulations were honest and legitimate?

Not at all.  But was it reflective of Donald Trump's leadership over his own Administration?  Absolutely.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

@Free Vulcan

...IF THE ALTERNATIVE PARTY IS 4 MORE YEARS OF HORSESH*T, OR WORSE???

Well there you go... The ol 'better than the Democrats argument... Thin sauce, low bar...

The general election.