Author Topic: Senior Biden officials are pushing to send U.S. troops to South American jungle to help curb human s  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Senior Biden officials are pushing to send U.S. troops to South American jungle to help curb human smuggling
Thousands of migrants attempt to cross the Darien Gap every year, often relying on smugglers to get them through the harsh terrain.

Create your free profile or log in to save this article
May 23, 2023, 12:05 PM EDT
By Courtney Kube, Carol E. Lee and Julia Ainsley

Senior Biden administration officials are pushing to send U.S. troops to the rugged, lawless area between Colombia and Panama to help local authorities curb drug smuggling, human trafficking and migration, according to a senior administration official and a U.S. defense official.

The stretch of land, known as the Darien Gap, connects South America with Central America. The roadless area is made up of jungles, rain forests, rivers and steep mountains, making it a dangerous but crucial part of a journey from South America to the U.S.

Thousands of migrants attempt to cross from Colombia to Panama every year, often relying on smugglers to get them through the harsh terrain.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/senior-biden-officials-are-pushing-send-us-troops-south-american-jungl-rcna85574
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why would they do that?  Biden and Mayorkas keep telling everyone the border is already secure? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson