Author Topic: Dem. Gov. Hochul says NY college campuses will be offered as emergency shelters for NYC illegal immi  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dem. Gov. Hochul says NY college campuses will be offered as emergency shelters for NYC illegal immigrants

DAVE URBANSKIMay 25, 2023

Democrat New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said college campuses in the state's university system will be offered as emergency shelters for illegal immigrants in New York City.

What are the details?
"We are looking at all state assets to help ameliorate the problem that is at a crisis level here in the city of New York, so yes, SUNY campuses are part of the inventory of what we're looking at," Hochul said during a Wednesday press conference.

According to WABC-TV, she added that "we are looking at many SUNY campuses right now. And again, there's a sense of urgency. So we'll be announcing very soon an offering to [New York City Mayor Eric Adams] which sites. We have to make sure that they will work, the timing works, the students are gone. And then we'll be able to talk to the mayor and his team about what use they want to have."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/dem-gov-hochul-says-ny-college-campuses-will-be-offered-as-emergency-shelters-for-nyc-illegal-immigrants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson