Author Topic: Chick-fil-A sparks anti-woke outrage for VP of diversity, equity, inclusion post  (Read 927 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Chick-fil-A sparks anti-woke outrage for VP of diversity, equity, inclusion post
By Ariel Zilber   
May 30, 2023 5:42pm

Chick-fil-A, the chicken sandwich chain long beloved by conservatives for its longstanding opposition to same-sex marriage, is now sparking boycott calls after announcing that it has hired an executive in charge of diversity, equity and inclusion.

The Atlanta-based company announced on Tuesday that it was naming Erick McReynolds to the post of vice president of DEI — igniting angry denunciations on Twitter from conservatives who allege that the firm has “gone woke.”

McReynolds has been employed by Chick-fil-A since 2007.

He was promoted to the position of vice president of DEI in November 2021, according to his LinkedIn page.

But the recent LGBTQ controversies involving brands such as Bud Light, Target, and Kohl’s have triggered scrutiny of other corporate actors.

Corporate America’s embrace of DEI, which seeks to diversify workforces, has been criticized by conservatives who claim that it is discriminatory based on race and gender.

“This is bad. Very bad. I don’t want to have to boycott. Are we going to have to boycott?” said conservative strategist Joey Mannarino.

Erick McReynolds has been employed by Chick-fil-A since 2007. He was promoted to the position of vice president of DEI in November 2021, according to his LinkedIn page.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/chick-fil-a-sparks-anti-woke-outrage-for-hiring-vp-of-dei/

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/chick-fil-a-sparks-anti-woke-outrage-for-hiring-vp-of-dei/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

I'm surprised at this --- we'll see what stance he takes.  It certainly doesn't look good.

Going woke --- the final nail on our Republic's coffin??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm surprised at this --- we'll see what stance he takes.  It certainly doesn't look good.

Going woke --- the final nail on our Republic's coffin??

What is the surprise? This company has a good record. They are promoting from within their ranks with a long time employee. I don't see a problem here.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

What is the surprise? This company has a good record. They are promoting from within their ranks with a long time employee. I don't see a problem here.

It depends on in which way he promotes equity and diversity.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Diversity, equity and inclusion is just another way of saying promote the second, third or fourth best person for the job. If you aren't promoting the best person for a job, any job than you are failing both your business and customers.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dayum.  What will the negro do? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline The_Reader_David

Corporate DEI isn't about the same thing as DEI in government and academe, where it really is about replacing merit with an identity-politics spoils system.  In commerce and finance, it's an excuse for C-suite denizens to give each other fat bonuses for things easy to do (hiring more blacks, gays, [fill-in-other-woke-favored-group-here], designing outreach programs to blacks,...) rather than for doing something hard to do:  delivering shareholder value.  (Same as corporate commitments to "carbon neutrality" -- really easy to do if you can spend the shareholders' money on "carbon offsets" -- another excuse for fat bonuses for a (pointless) "job well done".)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Former Chick-fil-A boss Dan Cathy suggests white people shine black people’s shoes in resurfaced video
By Ariel Zilber   
May 31, 2023 11:54am

A three-year-old video showing Chick-fil-A’s boss shining the shoes of a black man during a plea for white people to fight racial injustice resurfaced this week amid a push by outraged conservatives to boycott the fast-food chain over its hiring of a diversity officer.

Dan Cathy, the son of Chick-fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy, got down on his knees at a church in Atlanta in June 2020 as the city was gripped by protests over the police-involved deaths of George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks.

“I invite folks to put some words to action, and if we need to find somebody who needs to have their shoes shined, we need to just go right on over and shine their shoes,” Cathy said Cathy.

The devout Christian — whose father founded the popular chain in Hapeville, Ga.in 1946 — then stood up and walked over toward Lecrae Moore, a Christian rapper who took part in the roundtable discussion at Passion City Church.

The executive bent over and began shining Moore’s shoes.

“Whether they got tennis shoes or not, maybe they’ve got sandals, it really doesn’t matter,” said Cathy, who stepped down as CEO the following year and was replaced by his son, Andrew Truett Cathy.

https://twitter.com/CatchUpFeed/status/1663755825717088256

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/31/former-chick-fil-a-ceo-dan-cathy-shined-black-mans-shoes/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

This IS really disturbing!

We haven't eaten at a Chik-fil-A in a while, but continue to buy there sauce from the grocery store. No more!

No more Target, Kohl's, or Chik-fil-A.

888mouth these companies!

Offline Kamaji

Former Chick-fil-A boss Dan Cathy suggests white people shine black people’s shoes in resurfaced video
By Ariel Zilber   
May 31, 2023 11:54am

A three-year-old video showing Chick-fil-A’s boss shining the shoes of a black man during a plea for white people to fight racial injustice resurfaced this week amid a push by outraged conservatives to boycott the fast-food chain over its hiring of a diversity officer.

Dan Cathy, the son of Chick-fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy, got down on his knees at a church in Atlanta in June 2020 as the city was gripped by protests over the police-involved deaths of George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks.

“I invite folks to put some words to action, and if we need to find somebody who needs to have their shoes shined, we need to just go right on over and shine their shoes,” Cathy said Cathy.

The devout Christian — whose father founded the popular chain in Hapeville, Ga.in 1946 — then stood up and walked over toward Lecrae Moore, a Christian rapper who took part in the roundtable discussion at Passion City Church.

The executive bent over and began shining Moore’s shoes.

“Whether they got tennis shoes or not, maybe they’ve got sandals, it really doesn’t matter,” said Cathy, who stepped down as CEO the following year and was replaced by his son, Andrew Truett Cathy.

https://twitter.com/CatchUpFeed/status/1663755825717088256

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/31/former-chick-fil-a-ceo-dan-cathy-shined-black-mans-shoes/

FTS

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This IS really disturbing!

We haven't eaten at a Chik-fil-A in a while, but continue to buy there sauce from the grocery store. No more!

No more Target, Kohl's, or Chik-fil-A.

888mouth these companies!

I don't have to boycott..the closest Chik-fil-a is an hour away... :shrug:
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

And if that’s all it is… Great.

We’ll have to see what happens with this
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

I don't have to boycott..the closest Chik-fil-a is an hour away... :shrug:

Their chicken sandwiches are ok, it's the fries, sauce and their milkshakes that I really enjoy.  The restaurant was always clean and for a fast food place, their service was impeccable. When the grands were younger they enjoyed the free ice cream and the indoor playground too.

I am surprised at these turn of events because they are the ones that first boycotted the 'gay issue' and they close on Sundays so their employees can go to church/worship.

We shall see what happens.  I'm waiting for them to come out with a statement against 'wokeness'.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Their chicken sandwiches are ok, it's the fries, sauce and their milkshakes that I really enjoy.  The restaurant was always clean and for a fast food place, their service was impeccable. When the grands were younger they enjoyed the free ice cream and the indoor playground too.

I am surprised at these turn of events because they are the ones that first boycotted the 'gay issue' and they close on Sundays so their employees can go to church/worship.

We shall see what happens.  I'm waiting for them to come out with a statement against 'wokeness'.

I have only been there twice..it's in Bloomington, Il and we sometimes get it for lunch when we visit my son...chicken tortilla soup is great!...[when they have it]
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

We have no Chick-Fil-A anywhere in the Duluth/Superior area
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Didja ever notice companies always pick somebody black for their "Diversity" positions?  My old company had an Office of Diversity in my building.  I stepped in one day, and it was 100% black women.  I asked them if I was in the right place for diversity.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Didja ever notice companies always pick somebody black for their "Diversity" positions?  My old company had an Office of Diversity in my building.  I stepped in one day, and it was 100% black women.  I asked them if I was in the right place for diversity.

...And that was when the fight started..

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

And ...?  How much was your bail set at?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
...And that was when the fight started..
And ...?  How much was your bail set at?

It took me some fast talking.  Fortunately, they were too shocked to say anything and I got clean away....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: