Author Topic: Franchetti viewed as likely choice to lead Navy, would be first woman on Joint Chiefs  (Read 1269 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Franchetti viewed as likely choice to lead Navy, would be first woman on Joint Chiefs
A career surface warfare officer, Franchetti is currently Vice Chief of Naval Operations and previously commanded the Naples, Italy-based US 6th Fleet.
By   JUSTIN KATZ
on May 26, 2023 at 12:57 PM

WASHINGTON — Vice Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Lisa Franchetti is widely seen as the most likely candidate to lead the Navy as the next chief of naval operations, an appointment that would make her both the first woman to lead the Navy and the first woman to serve as a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

There is always a chance things could change up until the White House makes the public announcement, but in recent weeks Navy observers and defense analysts talking with Breaking Defense have broadly coalesced around the notion Franchetti will receive the green light.

If selected and confirmed, she will follow Adm. Michael Gilday, the former 10th Fleet Commander whose own nomination to become the Navy’s senior admiral four years ago was relatively abrupt and unexpected, preceded by a scandal that forced the White House’s first pick to withdraw from the process.

Franchetti, a native of Rochester, NY, is a career surface warfare officer and just one of just a handful of female four-star officers in the US military. She’s previously served as the director for strategy, plans and policy on the Joint Staff and commanded US 6th Fleet.

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/05/franchetti-viewed-as-likely-choice-to-lead-navy-would-be-first-woman-on-joint-chiefs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is she a trannie?  If not, she isn't fit for the job and should be rejected! 000hehehehe
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The old Fireside Theater had a VERY funny song about this very subject,but I can't find it anywhere. Guess it is too "PC" to be allowed to be listed these days.

It MAY have hinted about how easy it was to find homosexual action on ships at sea.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden picks female admiral to lead Navy. She’d be first woman on Joint Chiefs of Staff

By LOLITA C. BALDOR
Published 12:35 PM CDT, July 21, 2023

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden has chosen Adm. Lisa Franchetti to lead the Navy, an unprecedented choice that, if she is confirmed, will make her the first woman to be a Pentagon service chief and the first female member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Biden’s decision goes against the recommendation of his Pentagon chief. But Franchetti, the current vice chief of operations for the Navy, has broad command and executive experience and was considered by insiders to be the top choice for the job.

In a statement Friday, Biden noted the historical significance of her selection and said “throughout her career, Admiral Franchetti has demonstrated extensive expertise in both the operational and policy arenas.”

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin recommended that Biden select Adm. Samuel Paparo, the current commander of the Navy’s Pacific Fleet, several U.S. officials said last month. But instead, Biden is nominating Paparo to lead U.S. Indo-Pacific Command.

A senior administration official said Biden chose Franchetti based on the broad scope of her experience at sea and ashore, including a number of high-level policy and administrative jobs that give her deep knowledge in budgeting and running the department.

more
https://apnews.com/article/navy-chief-first-woman-franchetti-3508e41a3e9ff0e17782de81299acf13
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Real woman, or another one of his chicks-with-dicks "females"?

Online mountaineer

She looks like an actual female, but it's hard not to wonder how much of this is merit and how much is just more affirmative action from this lame administration.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

She looks like an actual female, but it's hard not to wonder how much of this is merit and how much is just more affirmative action from this lame administration.

:thumbsup:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
uly 21, 2023 5:55pm EDT
Biden overrules Pentagon, nominates first woman to head Navy
President, defense secretary differed on who should lead military branch
By Aaron Kliegman | Fox News

President Biden has overruled the Pentagon and chosen Adm. Lisa Franchetti to lead the Navy, making her the first woman, if she's confirmed, to be a Pentagon service chief and the first female member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Biden's decision goes against the recommendation of his Pentagon chief, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, who recommended the president select Adm. Samuel Paparo, the current commander of the Navy's Pacific Fleet, according to multiple reports.

In a statement on Friday, Biden noted how Franchetti is an unprecedented choice for such a high-level military post due to her sex, adding that she's the second woman ever to achieve the rank of four-star admiral in the Navy.

"As our next chief of naval operations, Admiral Lisa Franchetti will bring 38 years of dedicated service to our nation as a commissioned officer, including in her current role of vice chief of naval operations," Biden continued. "Throughout her career, Admiral Franchetti has demonstrated extensive expertise in both the operational and policy arenas."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-overrules-pentagon-nominates-first-woman-head-navy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Biden's decision goes against the recommendation of his Pentagon chief, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin
While the prospect of Biden disagreeing with that dope is interesting, we all know Biden made no actual decision here. He doesn't even decide which flavor of ice cream he's having for dessert.

Someone made this decision for him, so the question is who wanted Franchetti over Paparo - and why?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
While the prospect of Biden disagreeing with that dope is interesting, we all know Biden made no actual decision here. He doesn't even decide which flavor of ice cream he's having for dessert.

Someone made this decision for him, so the question is who wanted Franchetti over Paparo - and why?

@mountaineer

Dey bees want-in de wimmins votes.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
So like his predecessor, Biden disregards the recommendations of his military professionals in selecting the next CJS.  My guess is that this likely won't turn out any better....

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Who is Admiral Lisa Franchetti? Joe Biden ignores Pentagon and nominates first woman head of US Navy
Story by Poulami Sengupta • 7h ago

Who is Admiral Lisa Franchetti? Joe Biden ignores Pentagon and nominates first woman head of US 

WASHINGTON, DC: President Joe Biden has made his preference known. Overruling the Pentagon's recommendation for making Admiral Samuel Paparo the naval chief, President Biden has nominated current Vice Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Lisa Franchetti to be the head of the US Navy. If her nomination is confirmed, Adm Franchetti will be the first female to be the Pentagon service chief and the first female member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

In a statement on Friday, July 21, Biden commented on why Adm Franchetti will be a good choice for the position, saying, "As our next chief of naval operations, Admiral Lisa Franchetti will bring 38 years of dedicated service to our nation as a commissioned officer, including in her current role of vice chief of naval operations." He added, "Throughout her career, Admiral Franchetti has demonstrated extensive expertise in both the operational and policy arenas," per Fox News.

Who is Admiral Lisa Franchetti?
Admiral Lisa Franchetti is one of the most decorated naval officers in the US. Currently, she holds the position of Vice Chief of Naval Operations. Adm Franchetti has earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Journalism from Northwestern University, where she was a part of the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Program. Adm Franchetti joined the Navy after she received her commission in 1985 through the training program. She has also attended the Naval War College and has a master's degree in organizational management from the University of Phoenix.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/who-is-admiral-lisa-franchetti-joe-biden-ignores-pentagon-and-nominates-first-woman-head-of-us-navy/ar-AA1eceCw?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4ff54cbaf44445d3a63e8d60c633bc5f&ei=16
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The fact Brandon went around the recommendation of the Pentagon gives us all a reason to be afraid, very afraid, if she becomes CNO. :scared smiley:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

The fact Brandon went around the recommendation of the Pentagon gives us all a reason to be afraid, very afraid

Kind of like Trump going around the recommendation of the Pentagon when he appointed Milley.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I know very little about the Navy,other than they mostly float around on boats,and will mostly disappear the first 15  minutes of any  war against Russia or China.

The subs will last longer,but once they launch their missiles,their locations will be know,too. Assuming of course there is still anybody  living in Russia or China to launch missiles at them.

Because of this,I see nothing wrong with having a woman being in such a senior position in the Navy,the USCG,or the USAF.

Providing,of course,that the USAF commander should ALWAYS be a veteran who flew fighters or fighter/bombers.

IMNSHO,the US Army and the USMC should ONLY have male leaders at the top who have personally fought in ground wars.

This opinion is worth every dollar you paid for it,but  I do believe it to be the correct  one.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Kind of like Trump going around the recommendation of the Pentagon when he appointed Milley.

@Hoodat

Trump just lives rent-free in your head 24/7,doesn't he?

Offline Hoodat

Just being consistent with standards, @sneakypete
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

The fact Brandon went around the recommendation of the Pentagon gives us all a reason to be afraid, very afraid, if she becomes CNO.
There's something hinky about it. We all know that no decision from the White House actually was made by Joe "Puddin' Head" Biden. Who really selected her?

Offline MOD3

Merged two threads.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just being consistent with standards, @sneakypete

@Hoodat

And your "standards" are that "Trump is responsible for every evil in the world".

Grow TFU!

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat

And your "standards" are that "Trump is responsible for every evil in the world".

Grow TFU!

Uh no, the standard is that if both Biden and Trump do it, they should be treated the same.  It is completely dishonest and hypocritical to criticize Biden for going against Pentagon recommendations while defending Trump for doing the exact same thing.  But then you knew that already.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There's something hinky about it. We all know that no decision from the White House actually was made by Joe "Puddin' Head" Biden. Who really selected her?

@mountaineer

That is a VERY good question,and I doubt any of us will live long enough  to hear the truth.

*I* SUSPECT it was Bubbette! Clinton,and have absolutely  not one shred of proof to verify it. I DO strongly believe it was a female,though. The whole "gurl power thing".

Offline MOD3

Please stay on topic, which is Biden's appointment of Adm. Franchetti. There's no reason to interject Trump into every thread. Thanks.

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Uh no, the standard is that if both Biden and Trump do it, they should be treated the same.  It is completely dishonest and hypocritical to criticize Biden for going against Pentagon recommendations while defending Trump for doing the exact same thing.  But then you knew that already.

:thumbsup: