Author Topic: Quarter of billion dollars worth of drugs seized in San Diego through April: CBP  (Read 227 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Quarter of billion dollars worth of drugs seized in San Diego through April: CBP
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: May 26, 2023 / 01:27 PM CDT

Updated: May 26, 2023 / 01:27 PM CDT

SAN DIEGO — Through the end of April, an estimated quarter of a billion dollars worth of narcotics have been seized in the San Diego Field Office, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

“To create safer and stronger communities, CBP officers utilize their training, experience, and an array of technologies to seize an alarming amount of narcotics.” said Sidney Aki, CBP Director of Field Operations for San Diego. “Statistically, fentanyl is one of the deadliest drug threats our nation has ever encountered and CBP is on the frontline seizing record amounts of it.”

Aki also said “preventing the cross-border smuggling of fentanyl and other dangerous drugs is one of our top priorities.”

The San Diego Field Office is made up of the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa Ports of Entry, San Diego air and seaport, Calexico East/West, Tecate, and Andrade Ports of Entry.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/quarter-of-billion-dollars-worth-of-drugs-seized-in-san-diego-through-april-cbp/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson