Author Topic: MS-13 gang member gets 28 years in federal prison following HSI Baltimore investigation  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MAY 30, 2023GREENBELT, MDORGANIZED CRIME
MS-13 gang member gets 28 years in federal prison following HSI Baltimore investigation

GREENBELT, Md. — An investigation conducted by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Baltimore, the FBI and the Prince George’s County Police Department (PGPD) resulted in a Maryland MS-13 gang member receiving a lengthy federal prison sentence for his part in a racketeering conspiracy that included two murders. On May 19, a judge in the U.S. District Court in Greenbelt sentenced Franklyn Edgardo Sanchez, 26, of Adelphi, to 28 years in prison followed by five years of supervised release. Sanchez must also pay restitution in the full amount of all the victims’ losses, including funeral costs incurred by the two murder victims’ estates.

“This joint investigation demonstrates HSI and our law enforcement partners’ refusal to tolerate gang violence and the ruthless murders committed by gang members,” said HSI Baltimore Special Agent in Charge James C. Harris. “Their actions are reprehensible and warrant every bit of punishment they receive. HSI Baltimore are our partners are dedicated to protecting the residents of Maryland.”
According to the investigation, from at least August 2018 through July 2021, Sanchez was a member and associate of Weedams Locos Salvatrucha (WLS), an MS-13 clique operating primarily in Adelphi.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ms-13-gang-member-gets-28-years-federal-prison-following-hsi-baltimore-investigation
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson