Author Topic: Border chaos eroding CBP, ICE morale, watchdog warns agency practices 'unsustainable'  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border chaos eroding CBP, ICE morale, watchdog warns agency practices 'unsustainable'

"Despite greater workloads, staffing levels have remained the same, with CBP and ICE using details and overtime to temporarily address the rising number of encounters along the Southwest border," the report read.

By Ben Whedon
Updated: May 4, 2023 - 7:37pm

U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement are suffering a marked drop in morale amid intensifying conditions at the southern border, according to a report from the Department of Homeland Security's Office of the Inspector General.

"Based on interviews and survey responses from 9,311 law enforcement personnel, the details and overtime have negatively impacted the health and morale of law enforcement personnel, who feel overworked and unable to perform their primary law enforcement duties," the Inspector General warned the federal agencies. "CBP’s and ICE’s current method of managing law enforcement staffing is unsustainable. CBP and ICE workloads have grown significantly due to factors beyond the Department of Homeland Security’s control, namely increasing border encounters and travel volume."

https://justthenews.com/accountability/watchdogs/border-chaos-eroding-cbp-ice-morale-watchdog-warns-agency-practices
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson