Author Topic: President Biden mourns son Beau at Memorial Day ceremony: 'It never gets easier'  (Read 609 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 29, 2023 1:30pm EDT
President Biden mourns son Beau at Memorial Day ceremony: 'It never gets easier'
President Biden noted that the day after Memorial Day will be the eighth anniversary of his son Beau's passing

By Chris Pandolfo | Fox News

President Biden mourned his late son Beau in Memorial Day remarks at Arlington National Ceremony, sharing the pain of loss with those who've had family members die in service to the nation.

"We must never forget the price that was paid to protect our democracy. Must never forget the lives these flags, flowers and marble markers represent. A mother or a father, a son or a daughter, a sister, a spouse, a friend, an American," Biden said. Monday. "Every year we remember and every year it never gets easier."

Biden's eldest son, Beau, died of brain cancer in 2015 at the Walter Reed military hospital in Bethesda, Maryland. Beau Biden was a major in the Delaware Army National Guard and served in the Iraq War. The president has often times said Beau's death from cancer was caused by "burn pits" in Iraq, for which he signed the PACT Act to expand health care benefits for veterans exposed to deadly toxins.

The president observed that tomorrow will be the eighth anniversary of his son's death and he empathized with Gold Star families.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-biden-mourns-son-beau-memorial-day-ceremony-never-gets-easier
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
he empathized with Gold Star families.

*empathized*...he insults them damnit!

He pisses me off every time he says this!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WASHINGTON — President Biden acknowledged Monday at a Memorial Day event that his late son Beau died from brain cancer and not while at war — 11 days after he wrongly told US troops in Japan that his son died “in Iraq.”

Biden told the grieving families of war dead at Arlington National Cemetery that his son didn’t die on the “battlefield” but that he believes his cancer may have been caused by exposure to toxic fumes from “burn pits” during a nearly yearlong deployment.

“Our losses are not the same. He didn’t perish in the battlefield. It was cancer that stole him from us a year after being deployed as a major in the US Army National Guard in Iraq,” Biden said, misstating by about five years the duration between his son’s return from deployment and death, though he later correctly stated the amount of time since Beau died.

The 80-year-old president has puzzled viewers by claiming at least three times since last year that his son died in Iraq.

Biden said in October that Beau “lost his life in Iraq” and claimed the following month that Iraq was “where my son died.” This month, he told a group of Marines during to a trip to the G-7 summit in Hiroshima that “we lost him in Iraq.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/29/biden-admits-beau-died-from-cancer-and-didnt-perish-in-iraq-just-11-days-after-saying-son-died-at-war/
Support the USO

Offline berdie

WASHINGTON — President Biden acknowledged Monday at a Memorial Day event that his late son Beau died from brain cancer and not while at war — 11 days after he wrongly told US troops in Japan that his son died “in Iraq.”

Biden told the grieving families of war dead at Arlington National Cemetery that his son didn’t die on the “battlefield” but that he believes his cancer may have been caused by exposure to toxic fumes from “burn pits” during a nearly yearlong deployment.

“Our losses are not the same. He didn’t perish in the battlefield. It was cancer that stole him from us a year after being deployed as a major in the US Army National Guard in Iraq,” Biden said, misstating by about five years the duration between his son’s return from deployment and death, though he later correctly stated the amount of time since Beau died.

The 80-year-old president has puzzled viewers by claiming at least three times since last year that his son died in Iraq.

Biden said in October that Beau “lost his life in Iraq” and claimed the following month that Iraq was “where my son died.” This month, he told a group of Marines during to a trip to the G-7 summit in Hiroshima that “we lost him in Iraq.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/29/biden-admits-beau-died-from-cancer-and-didnt-perish-in-iraq-just-11-days-after-saying-son-died-at-war/

Well, that's a little better. I understand losing a child causes major grief but using that death for political gain is disgusting. Maybe the burn pits caused the cancer...maybe not.

Offline Hoodat

*empathized*...he insults them damnit!

He pisses me off every time he says this!

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I thought Beau was killed in Iraq?

President Biden mourned his late son Beau in Memorial Day remarks at Arlington National Ceremony, sharing the pain of loss with those who've had family members die in service to the nation.

"We must never forget the price that was paid to protect our democracy. Must never forget the lives these flags, flowers and marble markers represent. A mother or a father, a son or a daughter, a sister, a spouse, a friend, an American," Biden said. Monday. "Every year we remember and every year it never gets easier."

Biden's eldest son, Beau, died of brain cancer in 2015 at the Walter Reed military hospital in Bethesda, Maryland. Beau Biden was a major in the Delaware Army National Guard and served in the Iraq War. The president has often times said Beau's death from cancer was caused by "burn pits" in Iraq, for which he signed the PACT Act to expand health care benefits for veterans exposed to deadly toxins.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-biden-mourns-son-beau-memorial-day-ceremony-never-gets-easier

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 I thought son Beau was a lawyer, was he anywhere near a burn pit while over there?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I thought son Beau was a lawyer, was he anywhere near a burn pit while over there?

Joe tells it like it isn't. 

exhume his body, only way to know for sure to see if Hunter was sleeping with his wife and he killeded her

Offline MOD3

Threads merged

Offline mountaineer

He was a lawyer. Whether he ever went near a burn pit is unknown. But you know Joe, whatever lie fits his narrative is worth repeating ad nauseam (see also the fictional tale of the "drunk driver" who killed the first Mrs. B).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Biden attends memorial Mass to mark 8 years since son Beau’s death from brain cancer
by Associated Press   
Tuesday, May 30, 2023 9:09 am
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — President Joe Biden marked Tuesday’s eighth anniversary of one of the saddest days of his life, the death of his son Beau, by attending a memorial Mass and visiting his gravesite.

Biden, his wife, Jill, and other family members prayed for Beau Biden during the Mass at St. Joseph on the Brandywine, the Roman Catholic church where the president worships during weekends at his home near Wilmington, Delaware.

Afterward, the family visited Beau Biden’s gravesite in the church cemetery. The first lady carried a bouquet of flowers. ...
More

Far sadder than losing his wife (the one he was cheating on) and daughter, right, Joe?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Biden attends memorial Mass to mark 8 years since son Beau’s death from brain cancer
by Associated Press   
Tuesday, May 30, 2023 9:09 amMore

Far sadder than losing his wife (the one he was cheating on) and daughter, right, Joe?
I guess once the truth of what really happened was widely known he could no longer demonize and slander the innocent truck driver for political points. I still believe the first wife was intent on committing suicide and taking the kids with her to hurt the POS as much as possible.

Offline Wingnut

Beau and his mom were the best Biden's.  May Joe join them soon.