Author Topic: ‘Largest Deficit Reduction Bill in History’ — Official Estimate Shows Debt Deal Cuts More Than $2.1  (Read 185 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :shrug:

‘Largest Deficit Reduction Bill in History’ — Official Estimate Shows Debt Deal Cuts More Than $2.1 Trillion in Spending

Matthew Boyle 29 May 2023 Washington, DC

The debt ceiling deal between House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and President Joe Biden would amount to, if passed and enacted into law, the largest deficit reduction bill in American history, an official estimate forthcoming from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) will show.

Preliminary numbers from the CBO, available on Monday ahead of a formal estimate expected to be released soon, show the deal would amount to more than $2.12 trillion in spending cuts.

“Our preliminary CBO score shows that the 6 year top lines we set in this bill would amount to the largest deficit reduction bill in history, over $2.12 trillion,” one House GOP leadership aide told Breitbart News.

https://twitter.com/ArthurSchwartz/status/1663185387152371715

That estimate, per Punchbowl News which published an alert on Monday announcing that, includes the two years of locked-in spending caps and four more years of optional spending caps. While those remaining four years are not statutorily locked-in in this deal, if Republicans maintain control of at least one chamber of Congress—they have the House right now, a slim majority they hope to expand in November 2024, and they have a decent shot at retaking the Senate in the next election too—they can lock these in and push for more easily.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich called the debt plan a major victory for Republicans and urged House GOP members to vote for the bill.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/29/largest-deficit-reduction-bill-in-history-official-estimate-shows-debt-deal-cuts-more-than-2-1-trillion-in-spending/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
McCarthy debt ceiling bill will cut spending by OVER TWO TRILLION DOLLARS.

Bovine fecal matter! 100% USDA Choice grade!

If anything, this deal will SLIGHTLY reduce the rate of growth. No CUTS to be found anywhere!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The debt ceiling melodrama is a Uniparty diversion from reality

There is no real resistance in D.C. to the growth of government and the money printing fiasco.

That is EXACTLY right whether or not you like it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien